Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android - Add Playlist to Home Screen, feature has gone missing?

Solved!

Android - Add Playlist to Home Screen, feature has gone missing?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Moto G31

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I can no longer add a playlist to the home screen. However, existing links on my home screen still work. When I click on the "three dots" option on a playlist the "add to home screen" option is no longer available; however, this does seem to be available for individual albums.

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We've checked with the relevant team here at Spotify and they've confirmed that this feature has been deprecated. If you feel strongly about bringing it back, make sure to vote for this idea and subscribe to the thread to receive notifications about any new developments on the subject.

Cheers!

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone,

We've reached out to our tech folks who have confirmed that with the deprecation of this feature, the ability to add albums to your Home screen, as well as the Recently Played items that used to pop up when long-pressing the app have also been retired.

The aforementioned workaround is no longer functional, so for the time being it's best you head to the idea about bringing this feature back and showing your support.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

98 Replies

Thank you so much 🙂 It's still super annoying that we need a workaround at all for something that was a basic feature so far, but at least it works. Again, thank you big! 🙂

Legend!

The problem still exists. More than 8 months later. 

It's absolutely annoying!

Cheers! This works! 

I used this feature daily and Now I got a new phone all my Home Button playlists are gone! What a shame this is such a good and seemingly not intrusive feature, I don't know why they would take it away it's stupid!

Bonjour,

Il existe une solution pour ajouter les playlists Spotify sur l'écran d'accueil (Android). Il faut passer par l'application "Links" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=any.shortcut&hl=fr

1/ A partir de Links, il faut créer un dossier appelé "Spotify" (ou ce que vous voulez) et y mettre vos playlists favorites

2/ Ajouter un widget "Links" faisant référence à la playlist enregistrée dans "Links"

3/ Recommencez l'ajout d'un widget autant de fois que vous avez des raccourcis de playlist à créer

Vous aurez alors sur votre téléphone un accès direct à vos playlist sans avoir à ouvrir à l'application Spotify

Cordialement

Marcel

Thank you so much this was really driving me nuts and I did not think of trying it like this but it worked perfectly on a s22.

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Huawei P30 Pro

Operating System

Android EMUI 12.0.0

My Question or Issue

I'm not longer able to add Playlist Shortcuts to my Home Screen.
The Shortcuts that are available are still working, but i can't add a new Playlist to the Home Screen, is there a way to continue doing this?

Screenshot_20230926_082646_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20230926_082651_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

This workaround definitely still works!

Thanks for the tip

Screenshot_20230930_073213_One UI Home.jpg

Same for Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra Android 13 MiUI 14

My existing playlist home screen shortcut is still there but can't add any others.... 🥲

Não consigo mais criar atalho de playlist na tela inicial do meu android. Essa opção foi movida ou removida?

Funziona. Grazie 🥰

I logged in, in my webbrowser just to say thank you! What a stupid way to workaround a seemingly stupid flaw to take away the feature functioning normally. Again, thank you so much for the tip.

Spotify version 8.8.96.364 released on 2023-12-15 is last time the workaround worked nicely and predictably. Since version 8.9.4.304 released on 2024-01-12 Spotify adds "Playlist " prefix and dragging and dropping that to the Home screen creates an icon that cannot be put into folders.

A solution that I use:

1. Uninstall Spotify app, but note that you will loose all icons of playlists on the home screen.
  2. Pick some reliable site (I'm not going to refer them) that host older versions of apk. You should make sure that they haven't been altered (verify validity of apk signature) before you try to side-load install it on the phone. Side load/install the older version of the app.
  3. Follow the workaround steps.
  4. Upgrade to the latest version of the app through the store as usual.

Playlists on the Home screen created earlier will stay (at least for now).

Thank you! ☺️🤍

Most excellent 👍🏻 

This is correct!! I have been doing this the last few months now. It is annoying to have to reinstall everything as well as redownload all of the music but it's not that big of a issue. Although I have noticed that Spotify will auto update on you within a couple days.

Hello,
As already explained in August 2023 (in french) on this forum, you must install the “Links” application on your mobile
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=shortcuts&c=apps&hl=fr

Then you go to your Spotify library and select a playlist that you want to share. You click on “Share”

You arrive on a screen where you must choose the preview to share (swipe to the left), there are 2 types of preview.

You then share with the "Links" application.

Then, in the Links app, you click on “Add to Home Screen”

Then you choose the type of icon you want, then you click at the top left on “Use”

.... there are advertisements in the middle, you should ignore them...

Then you click “Add to Home Screen”

Then you close all applications

You can then access the Spotify playlist shortcut

==> Repeat for each playlist

you have to imagine its because its something not supported on iphone so they have depreciated android

Suggested posts