Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App not loading - VZW gNex 4.0.4 update

Solved!

Android App not loading - VZW gNex 4.0.4 update

For the last few weeks the Beta Preview (and now official Beta release via App Store) will not load whatsoever. When I open the app I get a white screen and the menu button ONLY, with the menu being empty when clicked. I'm not 100% certain, but it seems that this happened around the same time that the VZW gNex update to 4.0.4 happened. This may or may not be the cause, but I have not seen anyone else bring up this issue.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app multiple times and cleared the cache.

Any other suggestions, beyond resetting the phone, are appreciated.

Screenshot below:

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had same problem. This is what I did.

- uninstall Spotify.

- Delete the "com.spotify.mobile.android.ui" directory in "/sdcard/Android/data/" to remove any old offline files.

- install Spotify again.

But it is acting strange on me still.

It restarts it self from time to time!?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I had same problem. This is what I did.

- uninstall Spotify.

- Delete the "com.spotify.mobile.android.ui" directory in "/sdcard/Android/data/" to remove any old offline files.

- install Spotify again.

But it is acting strange on me still.

It restarts it self from time to time!?

Thanks for the reply. This uncovered somethign VERY interesting - the .com.spotify.mobile.. file somehow is corrupted and cannot be deleted! I think this is probably the root of the problem. Not sure the fix, but I'm just diving into it now.

Thanks for the direction.

**UPDATE**

This worked! After restarting the phone I was able to delete the file/folder and now the reinstall works. I have some othe funky issues now but believe they are unrelated.

Thanks again for your help!

I had this very same problem but with a brand new phone. Have tried the suggested fix and then a factory reset and still no joy. 

I have found out on the any HTC you have to have a SD Card in the phone in order for phone to load Spotify

Suggested posts