Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android Auto] - Unable to navigate Spotify app on non touch screens

[Android Auto] - Unable to navigate Spotify app on non touch screens

I have recently run into a bug in Android Auto app when connecting to non touch screens. e.g. Certain Audi MMI and presumably Mazda as well. I suspect it was a recent regression as I've run into it 3 times in the last two days and I have never seen it before. 

When there is a notification popup, or Android Auto forces a pause/wait because of too much activity, the app loses the ability to navigate through the main part of the screen. There is no way to use the normal Android Auto controls to get back into the main part of the Spotify window. I suspect this wasn't caught because most people have touch screen Android Auto, but some Audi and Mazda cars do not.

The only way to fix it is to disconnect phone from Android Auto and reconnect it. This is very difficult when it is wirelessly connected to Android Auto.

1. Using Spotify in Android Auto (AA) like normal

2. Perform lots of scrolling/nav until AA pops up safety popup forcing you to look at the road

3. You can no longer interact with the main part of Spotify window. You are stuck scrolling around the top and the little circle button taking you to the now playing on the right.

0 Replies

Suggested posts