Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto no Like/Dislike button

Solved!

Android Auto no Like/Dislike button

Hello,

since last update the Like/Dislike buttons in radio are disapeard ( Android Auto). In the App they are still there. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Geemany

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 9 / Android Auto

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With the last Update the Buttons are Back. All works Like before .

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @kaeri-chi.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Do you mind trying a reinstall of both apps and getting back to us to let us know the exact versions of both apps you're running on your device?

If that doesn't work, could you send us a screenshot showing the missing like/dislike buttons in the Android Auto app? We'll take a closer look 😉

Hello Peter,

thx for your answer.

I'll give it a try and let you know.

Hello Peter, 

reinstall don't work. I uploaded Screenshots. 

Screenshot_20190708-190449.jpg
Screenshot_20190708-190418.jpg
Screenshot_20190708-190314.jpg

Hey @kaeri-chi,

Thanks for getting back to us with that screenshot.

Do you mind letting us know what context the like/dislike buttons aren't appearing in (e.g. Daily Mixes, personal playlists)? It's not clear from the screenshot - it doesn't look like a song is playing.

If you could also send us a matching screenshot from your phone (the view which is mirrored by your Android Auto app), that would be great.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hello Peter,

this is playing in radio mode/ radio playlist (sorry don´t now the correct translation). 

Normally on the left side of the plus sign should be a thumbs up and on the right the sign I do not like.

This is a screenschot of Android Auto App. 

Hey @kaeri-chi,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We recently changed the way Radio works on Spotify, so that we no longer have radio stations, but rather radio playlists which can be saved.

However, you can't adjust your preferences by liking/unliking songs in those playlists - you can only do that in Daily Mixes, Discover Weekly and Release Radar. These playlists can't be accessed through Android Auto, so the ability to like/unlike a song within Android Auto isn't possible anymore.

Could you confirm that you no longer have the Your Stations menu in Your Library?

Keep us posted 🙂

Thanks for the information. Then it is a feature and not a mistake 😉 Too
bad, I found the old approach better 😉

I recently started using Spotify on a trial basis, and not having a like/dislike button is a big negative. I still have 3 more months of trial left. Is there any way for the feature to be brought back ?

I believe Pandora has a like button in AA, and I really need to adjust my song preferences from Spotify main screen itself while driving. I listen only while driving so AA is the only interface I use.

Marked as solution

With the last Update the Buttons are Back. All works Like before .

Hey @kaeri-chi,

Glad to hear it! Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care 🙂

spotify:track:1HQHuPpr2s2z3VIBTLtUmv

I have a 17 Lincoln MKZ running Sync3, using a Note9 running Oreo 8.1 and I don't see these buttons when playing songs from the Stations app

Suggested posts