Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My "x" button in my notification bar disappeared

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevice(Samsung Galaxy s10)Operating System(Android version 9) My Question or IssueHi!I used to have an "x" button on the spotify app, in the notification bar, when i used the app. It randomly disappeared. Is it bcs of some set...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device (Samsung Galaxy s10) Operating System (Android version 9)   My Question or Issue Hi! I used to have an "x" button on the spotify app, in the notific...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waze Notification won't dismiss

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceXiaomi mi9Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHello, I have a constant notification for Waze in my Android and I can't even dismiss, just like there's some kind of foreground service running.. also I keep ge...

•   Plan Premium Country France  Device Xiaomi mi9 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a constant notification for Waze in my Android and I can't...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes on startup

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceGoogle Pixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid Q My Question or IssueSpotify crashes on startup. I literally just press the icon, it shows the Spotify logo and when it is starting to show the home it crashes.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device Google Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android Q   My Question or Issue Spotify crashes on startup. I literally just press the icon, it shows the Spotify ...
  • MartinB42
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Lyrics for every song??

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceLenovo k6 powerOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueDoes every song have lyrics or is it limited to few songs? Or does having premium account unlocks it? I was listening to few songs only some of them have lyrics whil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country India Device Lenovo k6 power Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Does every song have lyrics or is it limited to few songs? Or does having premium account...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad sound with Moto G6 Play and JBL Bluetooth

My Question or IssueI own a Moto G6 Play purchased in 2019 and updated to the maximum in conjunction with JBL T500BT handset purchased in 2018.Before the Moto G6, I had a Moto G5 that worked perfectly with Spotify, at the same time by the way I used ...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I own a Moto G6 Play purchased in 2019 and updated to the maximum in conjunction with JBL T500BT handset purchased in 2018. Before the Moto G6, I had a Moto G5 that worked perf...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs category

PlanPremiumDeviceXiaomi mi a2 liteOperating SystemAndroid 9Spotify version8.5.3.716 My Question or IssueAfter one update in March I'm not able to play all my songs in random as I often used to do. In fact, the "all songs" category doesn't exist anymo...

•   Plan Premium Device Xiaomi mi a2 lite Operating System Android 9 Spotify version 8.5.3.716     My Question or Issue After one update in March I'm not able to play all my ...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Suggested songs

Hello Im using spotify on my android phone and would like to know if there is any way of disabling these annoying suggested songs. I actually want the ability to choose the music I listen to and that is not possible when it keeps suggesting music i d...

• Hello   Im using spotify on my android phone and would like to know if there is any way of disabling these annoying suggested songs. I actually want the ability to choose the music I listen ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 283 replies
  • 48 likes
  • 283 replies
  • 48 likes

Spotify automatically plays the same song / Car and Chromecast

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid v9 My Question or IssueSpotify plays the same song whenever I connect via bluetooth to the car, or whenever I try to connect to my chromecast.I cannot use my chromecasts anymore s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android v9   My Question or Issue Spotify plays the same song whenever I connect via bluetooth to the car, or...
  • spirki
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album art is zoomed in on lock screen

On Android pie the album art is shown on the lock screen. It is zoomed in to bring the top and bottom to the edges of the screen. The problem is is that cuts off words and parts of the image, An option to add bessel to the top and bottom of lockscree...

• Casual Listener
  • On Android pie the album art is shown on the lock screen. It is zoomed in to bring the top and bottom to the edges of the screen. The problem is is that cuts off words and parts of the image, An opti...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Albums, artists and playlists display in random order - Android Auto

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOneplus 3Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueLatest update (8.4.97.807) displays all albums, artists and playlists in a completely random order when using android auto (4.0.590434). They all display in correct a...

Screenshot_20190318-084854.jpg Screenshot_20190318-084929.jpg Screenshot_20190318-084958.jpg
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Oneplus 3 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Latest update (8.4.97.807) displays all albums, artists and playlists in a completely rand...
  • Bogdanbl
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

App pauses every song after it plays and doesn't move to the next song

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI've had this issue for at least 2 weeks. I have barely used the app because of this. Basically once a song plays, instead of going to the next song in a ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I've had this issue for at least 2 weeks. I have barely used the app because o...
  • BugsBunny
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix on PC Web launcher, not on android app.

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueIve been using spotify for a few months and really like the daily mix. 99% I use it on my phone. However the other day I logged in on PC to do something and saw t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Ive been using spotify for a few months and really like the daily mix. 99% I use it on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify in ur car.

Hello, I was wondering if i'm able to use spotify to play music to my car radio? It would be awesome it that could be done, Since i really enjoy the music and now i have the premium status And just wondering how it would be done, i tried via USB stic...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,    I was wondering if i'm able to use spotify to play music to my car radio?   It would be awesome it that could be done, Since i really enjoy the music and now i have t...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 27 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Editing playlist order on spotify mobile (Android)

Why doesn't spotify support manually changing the order of playlists on the mobile version? Is there some kind of technical hurdle to work around or are Spotify just not listening to the people that are asking for it?

• Regular
  • Why doesn't spotify support manually changing the order of playlists on the mobile version?   Is there some kind of technical hurdle to work around or are Spotify just not listening to the p...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 220 replies
  • 160 likes
  • playlist android
  • 220 replies
  • 160 likes

Pausing/Playing music through bluetooth headsaet and Galaxy Watch not working.

Using the pause/play tap on my Bragi Dash Pro earbuds is not working through the connection with Spotify through Galaxy Watch. Not using the bluetooth connection on phone. Using the mobile data directly from the watch. The taps to move a track forwar...

• Visitor
  • Using the pause/play tap on my Bragi Dash Pro earbuds is not working through the connection with Spotify through Galaxy Watch. Not using the bluetooth connection on phone. Using the mobile data direc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Apps won't stream

My Spotify won't play anything online but it can play downloaded songs just fine. Online songs won't play in both my phone and my PC, but somehow the Spotify web player can stream online songs just fine. So my guess would be that the Spotify app itse...

• Casual Listener
  •  My Spotify won't play anything online but it can play downloaded songs just fine. Online songs won't play in both my phone and my PC, but somehow the Spotify web player can stream online songs ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs keep pausing and restarts when i touch my phone, started happening about 2 weeks ago.

PlanPremiumCountryNZDeviceSamsung s9+Operating System My Question or IssueFor the past 2 weeks approx songs keep pausing, when I touch my phone they will restart! Its driving me mad. never had a problem with the app before. Pauses if I'm using in the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country NZ Device Samsung s9+ Operating System     My Question or Issue For the past 2 weeks approx songs keep pausing, when I touch my phone they will restart! Its d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Android on usb in a car

Hello, I have a LG G3 with the last update. I want play my music with a prenium acccompte in my car with a usb cable, but i can't. The music on my LG it's ok it's work on my radio with the usb cable. The problem is the application because the music p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have a LG G3 with the last update. I want play my music with a prenium acccompte in my car with a usb cable, but i can't. The music on my LG it's ok it's work on my radio with t...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Mein Mixtape

My Question or IssueSpotify premium, auf Huawei P20,Android 9Mein Mixtape lässt sich nicht aufrufen,es erschein nur Fehlermeldung: Tut uns leid,da ist was schief gelaufen.In der freien Version ( ich hatte genau deswegen gekündigt)funktionierte es dan...

•   My Question or Issue Spotify premium, auf Huawei P20,Android 9 Mein Mixtape lässt sich nicht aufrufen,es erschein nur Fehlermeldung: Tut uns leid,da ist was schief gelaufen.In der  fre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle for liked songs "playlist"

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDevicePocophoneOperating SystemAndroid 10.2 My Question or IssueShuffle keeps getting turned off whenever I select music from the "playlist". This wasn't the case before when it was under Saved songs. Now it moved to a play...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Pocophone Operating System Android 10.2   My Question or Issue Shuffle keeps getting turned off whenever I select music from the "playlist". This ...
  • Teng
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes