Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

corrupting killed SD Card

corrupting killed SD Card

Spotify App on my Samsung j5 Android Phone is killing corrupting my sd Card.
 it happens now for the 2nd time and all my data on the Card is gone. Other Spotify users have the same Problem but there is no solution yet. it works fine for About 2 Years but something happens since the last 4 weeks. Please help!

4 Replies

Hey and welcome to the Spotify community 🙂

Please reboot your phone in safe mode. This will disable all thrid-party-applications except you explicitly launch them. This will help to make sure Spotify is responsible for the mistake. If this will happen unless you open Spotify, we can be sure Spotify isn't the problem. Else we can assume that Spotify is the problem, when it happens in a short period of time after launching it. How to boot in safe mode depends on your device. Please first try to long press on "Shutdown" or "Restart" in the power menu. After a restart you phone will automatically work as before and leave the safe mode.

Please give more details what you exactly did when the problem occurred or which section of the app was opened and try updating your application.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

Thank´s for help!

I´ve got a new Mobile Phone right now. I will see what the next days or weeks will bring. 

Best regards

Thomas

Feel free to tell me if you still need assistance 🙂

Yes it is true. Spotify downloads do corrupt SD cards.

The first time it happened on my SanDisk SD card I thought, well SD cards get corrupted some times. So I bought a brand new SanDisk SD card. Worked fine until I downloaded Spotify songs when it was totally corrupted.

So two cards corrupted immediately after downloading spofity songs. I won't be trying a third time.

Suggested posts