Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Browse] Android Auto albums start with random track

[Android][Browse] Android Auto albums start with random track

I only listen to full albums on Spotify, but when selecting an album through Android Auto the album doesn't start from track 1. It seems like albums begin at a random track, even when looking at the tracklisk. The only workaround I found is to go to the phone and tap the album again to get it to start from the beginning - kind of beats the purpose of doing it on the car's touchscreen. 

Please fix!

2 Replies

I've come to report this exact issue, for me it's not random though, the album plays the tracks in alphabetical order.

This is only an issue when playing from Andriod Auto, when selecting a saved album the tracks start playing in alphabetical order and from what I can tell it started to happen after Spotify version 8.5.9.40.

I've tried every version of Spotify from 8.5.9.40 that I can find and they all have this issue. For now I have stopped auto update in the play store and am using Spotify version 8.5.9.40, a fix for this would be great so I can ensure I'm using the newest version at all times.

Thanks

You're right - upon closer look it is indeed alphabetical order. It was so weird i assumed it was a random order. Alphabetical is even weirder!

Suggested posts