Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

So I noticed that Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy J3 updated yesterday. Today I went to look up a song in my personal playlist so I didn't have to scroll all the way through to find it. The search bar is usually above the playlist icon at the top of the playlist (as in the picture I have posted). This was a really useful feature that I used a lot, especially when I looked up local files that I put in my playlist. When I went to the top of my playlist page today, the search bar wasn't there anymore. I was really disappointed to see that this was gone, and it took me a couple minutes to find the song I wanted. I was wondering if there was still a way to search a playlist for a song on mobile. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

2018-12-03_19.13.29.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 6 people liked this

Re: Android-Can't search a playlist after recent update

AeroZ
Composer

Filtering and sorting playlists was changed. You can find the options under the three dot menu.

Screenshot_20181204-194200__01.jpg

13 Replies
11 people liked this

Kennett-Ny
Regular

Yes, I've noticed this as well. If it's not a mistake, it's a stupid move. Depending on how big a playlist is, your not going to remember what place a track is and will take far too long to find. 

2 people liked this

viggom1234

Same for me. Im on a Samsung Galaxy S7.. it happend after the latest update.. i would just like to search my friends mile long playlist again..

4 people liked this

Kokspotify

Same for galaxy s9. Totally stupid move tho I'm hopeful that it happened by mistake since it still works on IOS.

4 people liked this

mike74
Regular

Yeah this is a problem with mine to. Not a good UI choice at all. They keep trying to change the filter and sorting functionality with playlists and keep messing it up. They really just need to go back to how it was a year ago.

Solution! 6 people liked this

AeroZ
Composer

Filtering and sorting playlists was changed. You can find the options under the three dot menu.

Screenshot_20181204-194200__01.jpg

slowwater8
Regular
Well what do you know? Thank you!

slowwater8
Regular

Thanks! Guess I never thought to look there.

15 people liked this

xuckmylife
Casual Listener

bad step... to much clicking.. it was much more comfortable before... they should make the old searchbar...

9 people liked this

KittyToe
Casual Listener

If this change isn't reverted I might have to look for other music services. I have playlists over 1000 songs long. Having these extra steps to search is a HUGE inconvenience.

SUGGESTED POSTS