Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Developer] Fix Spotify being Interrupted by Notifications while playing over Bluetooth

[Android][Developer] Fix Spotify being Interrupted by Notifications while playing over Bluetooth

• While driving in my car, I play Spotify on the radio through Bluetooth. The songs/podcast skip and pause everytime I get a notification. Even if they are on silent. Please fix this. It is very very annoying.
3 Replies

Hi @Kaitlyn2493

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We've moved your post to this help board, as this is more related to your phone's settings than an issue with the app itself.

This is a normal behavior, since other apps like Waze or Maps wouldn't be able to give you instructions if Spotify muted all notifications. 

In this case, the setting that would prevent Spotify from doing this, would be Do Not Disturb or DND. Could you turn it on and see how it works? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Obviously turning on DND turns all notifications off...

I think we want Spotify to be able to disregard cellphone activity to keep te tunes rolling. This would enable the cell to remain functional much like Apple Music.

Is there an option on the apt for this?

Hey there @Pat-1

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Currently, there's no such option in the app.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts