Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Does my SD Card have to be formatted so I can change the storage?

[Android] Does my SD Card have to be formatted so I can change the storage?

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to change the storage to my SD Card, but when I change it, I get a message saying that the disk is full, when there's 31GB left on the SD Card, or it just stops downloading my music. I've tried deleting the data from Spotify and redownloading my music, but the same thing keeps on happening. I've also tried moving the cache folder from my phone storage to the SD Card. I don't have the SD Card formatted as internal storage, it's set as a portable storage, is that why it doesn't work? Or if not, can someone tell me what to do?

2 Replies

Hello,

Please make sure that your SD card have enough storage, so the Spotify application can move it from the internat to SD card. How many GB the Spotify uses right now? (with cache)

I am looking forward for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Papadouris Charalambos

It shows that Spotify is using 0.0 MB for downloads and cache, and 31.2 GB free of storage. I've tried redownloading my music, and after it's done downloading, I close the app and whenever I go back to Spotify, the downloads are gone. I also keep getting the message that the storage is full. I don't know what to do.

Suggested posts