Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Operating System

Android v7

My Question or Issue

Same as many have had before, search function is not working, it worked just a few days ago with no problems. Its over Wifi, as I don't stream music much when out and about. After typing in my search it says 'oops something went wrong'.

I have a tried a clean install as other threads have offered as a solution it did not work.

I know many other have had the same problem but this is obviously a persistant problem and it deserves attention.

I have have done my part in trying to solve the problem, it is obviously an issue with the app or Spotify servers. If its not resolved in the next few days I will cancel my subscription and find another service.

A music streaming service without search is useless.

10 Replies

Same here

Same here. Not working in PC or web client either. iOS is reporting the same issues.

same here with all devices (android and windows)

Just an update.

Seems like this may be more than the usual problem that pops up every now and again:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Hopefully this means it will get sorted soon.

First of all, hello. I started getting something wrong on the phone today at Spotify on the phone. To log out on all devices, restart the device, restart the application, update the app etc. I've tried. It was not a solution. I have read on the internet that many people have experienced this problem before and that there may be a server / version problem. I will keep you informed. Have a nice day...

For those that just want some tunes in the background someone on twitter posted this link to the web player which seems to work fine:

https://open.spotify.com/browse/featured

Norway4G Telia - Not working on any device.

Sign of trying out Youtube music instead?

Its fixed!

I have an Android device and still have the problem. 

That sucks, maybe get on twitter and ask about it? They seem to respond pretty well.  

Suggested posts