Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Equalizers don't work with Spotify

Android Equalizers don't work with Spotify

For the last year, I've had to use Spotify with no Equalizer on my OPO, thinking EQ's were just broken on the phone since it's a cheap Chinese phone with thrown-together parts, or perhaps because of the CyanogenMod ROM.

I just switched to a Galaxy S6 Edge this week and was super excited to get the Equalizer working again and... nope. Doesn't work. SoundAlive is the built-in EQ app, so I tried disabling it and downloading other EQ's. Nada.

So I re-enabled SoundAlive and tried loading up Google Play Music. The Equalizer works PERFECTLY. Exactly as you'd expect. Wth is going on??

Is this a known issue? Because, to be honest, this is a very big deal to me. I spend $120 per year on this app and one of the most important features for me has just been broken for over a year. It used to work on other phones. It still works on my original GalaxyTab from like 2011. Hellp, WinAmp has had a working equalizer since, what, 1856?

2 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Also have you disabled nuplayer????

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts