Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Group Session buggy

[Android] Group Session buggy

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 10

ISSUE

When streaming in group sessions, as session host, song changes I make are not being reflected for listeners.  When I change songs, the song the listener joined the session on will repeat endlessly vs move to the changed song.  This bug is reflected when I am streaming from radios, personal library, personal playlists & other user created playlists.  Bug experienced from Android (host) to Android (group session listener).  Plz help!

5 Replies

Hi there @colonelpink,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you create a new group session to see if the issue persist?

On another note, does this occur for every user that's in the group session or a specific user?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thx for the reply Jeremy! I ran some additional testing.

When a listener in my group session is connected to the same internet I am it works well, except for song radios. The song radios have been buggy past 4 months or so. 

I tested again with different listeners who were not connected to my same internet connection. During that session the listeners were on the same song as I for 3 songs, after that it went back to playing different songs regardless of what I was selecting. This problem was consistent within my library, personal playlists and of course song radios.

Hey there @colonelpink,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Can you confirm that all songs in the playlist you're sharing are also available in the countries in which the other users are?

Also, does this happen if you're hosting a session from your computer or the Web player?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes I can confirm the songs are available to the listeners as they are US based as well.

I have not tried hosting from PC or Web Player as I use Spotify soley via the mobile app. One of my listeners (country: US) did try joining my session on PC and had the same problem as when they joined via mobile app.

Hi there @colonelpink,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Since the Group Session feature is still in Beta testing, it is expected that some areas will still be open to improvements. It's very valuable when users share real feedback for the usability.

We've passed the info you've provided to the team developing Group Sessions. We don't have any official info when exactly this functionality will be improved. For the time being we'd recommend keeping your app up to date, as a fix for this might be introduced in a future update.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts