Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle button missing on Android App

Shuffle button missing on Android App

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

OnPlus 6

Operating System

Latest Android 10
Spotify App 8.5.81.991

My Question or Issue

Frankly I hate the default Auto Shuffle setting in the Android App. I'd like shuffling to be my choice. Which it will be rarely as I predominately listen to classical music.

Anyway, now the shuffle button is gone again from the app. I'd like to have it back. But actually I'd prefer to have the default shuffle setting to be OFF.

In the meantime, any helpful suggestion on getting the shuffle button back again is appreciated.

3 Replies

Hey there @TMV45

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If you can't see the Shuffle play button on the Android app try running a clean reinstall of Spotify to get the latest app version with all necessary updates. Check out this help page on how to do that. 

You can also send us a screenshot of how the app looks on your end. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

If you'd prefer regular playback as a default mode instead of shuffle you can visit our Ideas board and post an idea about this. Other users will be able to vote for your suggestion and the higher the number of votes your idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. Here you can read more on how ideas work. 

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea.

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply. 

Hi I didall that and still the shuffle button is missing. Please help!

Hi there @gperscky1,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

It would also be great if you can have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persist. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts