Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android - ICS - Galaxy S2] Offline Directory on external SD?

[Android - ICS - Galaxy S2] Offline Directory on external SD?

So i am using the Spotify Premium App for some time now and i am pretty happy about everything except for one fact.

The Galaxy S2 has an internal storage ( ~2 gb called internal storage ) an internal USB Storage ( ~12gb called Internal SD ) and an SD Card storage ( in my case ~60gb called external SD ).

I just want Spotify to save on my SD Card, but I dont know how to do this. The internal SD storage is not so handy because of its size. The external storage has quite a lot of space and is also fast enough (+10 mb/s read). I just have 500mb/month 3g before i get throttled and i have to save my plalists offline!

Does the Spotify App somewhere has this feature? Or is it on the wishlist? If not could someone add it? I guess its really not hard to implement that feature...

6 Replies

@hrnshn wrote:

So i am using the Spotify Premium App for some time now and i am pretty happy about everything except for one fact.

The Galaxy S2 has an internal storage ( ~2 gb called internal storage ) an internal USB Storage ( ~12gb called Internal SD ) and an SD Card storage ( in my case ~60gb called external SD ).

I just want Spotify to save on my SD Card, but I dont know how to do this. The internal SD storage is not so handy because of its size. The external storage has quite a lot of space and is also fast enough (+10 mb/s read). I just have 500mb/month 3g before i get throttled and i have to save my plalists offline!

Does the Spotify App somewhere has this feature? Or is it on the wishlist? If not could someone add it? I guess its really not hard to implement that feature...

It's on the wishlist 🙂

I beleive that it was on the old version, and hasn't been added in to the new version yet 🙂

Thx so far liamwli (:

Here's my tip: To set the storage location, first set it using the regular (non-preview) version of the app (to do this, select the option from the Menu when at the login screen). Then instal the new preview WITHOUT removing the previous version or clearing any data etc. The preview replaces the old version but seems to retain its setting for where to cache files. So if you had set this to an external SD card, it will continue to use that location.

Well there seemed to be an workaround but since the old app isnt avaliable in the appstore I cant try this out.
Does someone have the old .apk?

jeez my 60 gb sd card is waiting to save all my playlists in extreme quality 😞

Edid

I also found this in the Wishlistthread

Wishlist:

• Folder support (confirmed to be in development) done

Huh? How does this work? The " Menu " Button before login or the Settings Menu doesnt seem to have that option...

Edid2

PROBLEM SOLVED

t's unbelievable, but it seems there is no option in the new application to do this. However, I managed to fix it.

1. uninstall the new application.

2. download the "old" application: http://download.spotify.com/android/SpotifyAndroid.apk https://rapidshare.com/files/2999426550/SpotifyAndroid.apk

3. rename the file from .zip to .apk

4. install the application (make sure you have "install from unknow sources" enabled on your device

5a start the application, log off in case you get logged on automatically.

5b start the application, click on your phones menu button, press "reset spotify" en press ok.

6. still at the loginscreen, press the menu button again and select "select SD Location"

For a more detailled instruction on how to set the SD location, go to http://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-ca...

7. Verify if your offline files are downloaded to the correct location using a file browser

8. go to Google Play en upgrade your Spotify installation.

Enjoy!

phew!

Good work. Regarding the folder support in the wishlist that's marked as done - this is referring to playlist folders, not sd card file folder 🙂
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@licenced wrote:
Good work. Regarding the folder support in the wishlist that's marked as done - this is referring to playlist folders, not sd card file folder 🙂

How do you actually add playlist folders in the mobile app then?

You can't do anything with folders on any of the mobile apps apart from navigate them.

Creation, deletion, renaming, ordering and repositioning can only be done on the deskop client. But any changes made should be reflected on the mobile app almost immediately as long as you have a network connection.

@SteveBrammer wrote:

You can't do anything with folders on any of the mobile apps apart from navigate them.

Creation, deletion, renaming, ordering and repositioning can only be done on the deskop client. But any changes made should be reflected on the mobile app almost immediately as long as you have a network connection.

Hi, haven't seen you round hear before 🙂

Thanks for that 🙂

Suggested posts