Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Huawei Mate 9

Operating System

Android EMUI 9.1.0 (Build 9.1.0.275)

My Question or Issue

When going into Lock screen the music stops playing within a few seconds.

This is not an uncommon issue, I realize that and through searches I have been provided with several solution that have not helped with my issue to this point.

Measures I have taken:

-Sign off all devices

-Excluded the APP from automated Power Savings control to Manual control

-Created exceptions for the APP in Power Savings or Data Savings to provide the APP with maximum "freedom"

-Deactivated Power and Data Saving services

-Cleared cache, cleared data

-Did a thorough re-install of the APP as described on these boards (cache/data-wipe, uninstall, turn off phone, restart phone, install app)

-re-applied the aforementioned exceptions

This issue came up just today, the APP worked without problems, yesterday. I have not installed any new APPs within the last 7 days, at least.

Interesting: I can however play music in locked screen mode when using a bluetooth headset (Bluez 2s by Aftershockz). But I have to start the APP with the headset connected, start playing the songs through the APP, then lock the screen, then the music will stop over the headphones and then using the headphone's controls I can start the music again while in locked screen mode.

This is bugging me quite a bit, I hope someone has an idea or maybe even can point out a mistake I made or a step that I skipped, trying to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The issue is no longer, I was able to solve it by enabling the autmated energy management service for ALL APPs - begs the questoin why.. but regardless, it works again and this topic can be closed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The issue is no longer, I was able to solve it by enabling the autmated energy management service for ALL APPs - begs the questoin why.. but regardless, it works again and this topic can be closed.

Hi there @DarwinNT02,

Thanks for your post and for sharing what has helped you solve this issue.

This is important for other users in similar situations.

Sometimes Battery Optimization disables some phone functions that apps like Spotify need in order to function properly. Most likely the management app would disable background activity on your phone, or cut data streaming when the screen is locked.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts