Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Lockscreen full screen artwork and controls

Android Lockscreen full screen artwork and controls

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Huawei P20 Pro

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

My Question or Issue

Whilst using the facial recognition and 'Smart lock screen notifications' feature, Spotify music controls on the lock screen are unusable without first unlocking the phone.

A lot of suggestions on here are to turn off the smart lock feature, but I don't feel that I should have to reduce the security settings on my phone to be able to control my music player. These settings do not cause any conflict with Google Play Music, which I am looking to leave to start using Spotify.

Also with Google Play Music, there is the option to have full screen artwork on the lock screen as well as the music controls. I cannot see that this is available via Spotify.

WP_20190405_15_56_00_Pro.jpg

WP_20190405_15_56_26_Pro.jpg

3 Replies

Hey @Toboggan! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I'm sorry to hear this and understand your anger.

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread out to stay updated on this. Make sure to add your +VOTE. ^^

Peace

Hi,

This is not my issue. I am able to pause and skip music with the lock screen controls, but I have to unlock my phone first to be able to do it.

There are lots of situations where it is not conventient to use face unlock just to be able to skip a song.

Hey @Toboggan.

It does sound like your issue is related to the Ongoing Issue that @Nico has posted.

Feel free to leave your observation in the Ongoing Issue and don't forget to hit +vote so you can be kept up-to-date.

Hope it will help. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts