Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloads to SD card

Plan: PremiumDevice: Huawei P10 Lite (android 8.0 I have a rather annoying problem with my spotify app. I have a decent collection of saved music on my device and it has been set to be saved to my SD card. Spotify however "forgets" this with each res...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Device: Huawei P10 Lite (android 8.0   I have a rather annoying problem with my spotify app. I have a decent collection of saved music on my device and it has been set to be sav...
  • Yngkush420
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • sd card
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle all songs from all playlist

PlanPremiumCountry Czech RepublicDeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Hi!I have my songs sorted in playlists and I can shuffle the songs in the playlists, but as I've noticed, there's no shuffle all button. Is there any way you c...

• Plan Premium Country  Czech Republic Device Samsung Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Hi! I have my songs sorted in playlists and I can shuffle the songs in t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Searchbar Missing on Android

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerland DeviceSamsung Galaxy s9Operating System Android 8.0 My Question or IssueI can't find the search bar or sorting function. Can't I just scroll up in a playlist and it should be shown? I'm using Spotify for many years and o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Switzerland  Device Samsung Galaxy s9 Operating System  Android 8.0   My Question or Issue I can't find the search bar or sorting function. Can't I just ...
  • XxBrianxX
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    samsung galaxy s9
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Skip a track via bluetooth

Since i updatet to Android 9 i am not able to skip a song via bluetooth speaker.Sometimes it is working but sometimes the track is just stopping for two seconds and playing further from the place where i klicked the ">>|" button on my bluetooth speak...

•   Since i updatet to Android 9 i am not able to skip a song via bluetooth speaker. Sometimes it is working but sometimes the track is just stopping for two seconds and playing further from the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android 9.0
    bluetoot problems
    Bluetooth play-pause button not working
    Samsung
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Huawei Mate P20 Pro Lockscreen Music Controls Not Working

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceHuawei Mate P20 ProOperating SystemEMUI9.0/Android 9 My Question or IssueI can't seem to get the Music Controls to appear on the lock screen of the Huawei Mate P20 Pro no matter what I do. I've researched multiple solut...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada  Device Huawei Mate P20 Pro Operating System EMUI9.0/Android 9   My Question or Issue I can't seem to get the Music Controls to appear on the lock scre...
  • hiimvictor
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

are you serious?

so recently i just got a spotify premium card because after using the free app (which is inferior) i decided to check it out. So are you telling me you guys dont have song sorting, the queue, or proper shuffling on the free app so you could move to t...

• Roadie
  • so recently i  just got  a spotify premium card because after using the free app (which is inferior) i decided to check it out. So are you telling me you guys dont have song sorting, the qu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App should use internal cache to display home and library views

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceMoto G5 plus, Pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 6, 7, 8, 9 My Question or IssueI have been using Spotify on Android for several years on several devices. All of them have had the same issue : when starting the app , the ap...

• Plan Premium Country  France Device Moto G5 plus, Pixel 3 Operating System Android 6, 7, 8, 9   My Question or Issue I have been using Spotify on Android for several years on seve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound is too low

I want to increase the sound of the volume... Im at max and it sound very quiet... And im not talking about increasing the freakin bass... I listen to punk rock and metal... The apps is clearly not meant to listen to this type of music... I want loud...

• Casual Listener
  •   I want to increase the sound of the volume... Im at max and it sound very quiet... And im not talking about increasing the freakin bass... I listen to punk rock and metal... The apps is clear...
  • Yngkush420
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Add Follow playlist as your own

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceSamsung S7 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue If I follow a playlist and want to add it as my own so I can customize and add music, how do I do it?

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device Samsung S7 Edge Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  If I follow a playlist and want to add it as my own so I can customiz...
  • antin85
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lockscreen Album Art

For 3 YEARS I have patiently waited for Spotify to add a feature to disable the fact that the album art replaces your wallpaper. Some albums have explicit art and generally, I'd rather have my original wallpaper. Google Play Music has had it for year...

•   For 3 YEARS I have patiently waited for Spotify to add a feature to disable the fact that the album art replaces your wallpaper. Some albums have explicit art and generally, I'd rather have m...
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes

App don't acess menu and crashing

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceMoto G 4 Play Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 Hi, guys. I have a problem with the app, is basically:When I click in a menu for open, the app don't open the Menu and after it closes alone. I've reinstalled, but the problem ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Moto G 4 Play  Operating System Android 7.1.1   Hi, guys. I have a problem with the app, is basically: When I click in a menu for open, the app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely long menu load times and random crashes

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG V30Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue Ever since yesterday the app on my android phone has been extremely buggy. Taking a long time to start songs back up after pausing, menus take an extremely long time to...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device LG V30 Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  Ever since yesterday the app on my android phone has been extremely buggy. Taking a lon...
  • Frosternal
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen rotate not working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0Spotify Version8.4.88.150 My Question or IssueSpotify will rotate in all settings except the playback viewing mode (where the album cover is shown). I've downloaded t...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android 8.0.0 Spotify Version 8.4.88.150  My Question or Issue Spotify will rotate in all settings except...
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

I just see a bar in my huawei honor 8x i want to see all the lockscreen with my music.

PlanPremiumCountry ColombiqDevice Huawei Honor 8xOperating SystemAndroid oreo 8.1 My Question or Issue I want to see the entire lockscreen the music i am listening, it shows just a bar a little bar and i want to see the entire lockscreen with the mus...

• Plan Premium Country  Colombiq Device  Huawei  Honor 8x Operating System Android oreo 8.1    My Question or Issue  I want to see the entire lockscreen the musi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • lockscreen
    Lockscreen control
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Hacked account

PlanPremiumCountry ItalyDeviceRedmi Note 4Operating System Androdi 7.0 NRD90M My Question or Issue Hello, So my account as been hacked left and right and they had to re-set my subscription with consequent loss of downloaded songs. In reading other to...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Italy Device Redmi Note 4 Operating System   Androdi 7.0 NRD90M  My Question or Issue   Hello,  So my account as been hacked left and right ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceGalaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8.0 My Question or IssueI'm in offline mode and I search for some artist I have plenty of musics downloaded and I hit play on the first song of the list found.When the first song e...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android Oreo 8.0   My Question or Issue I'm in offline mode and I search for some artist I have plenty of musics ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix and Radios

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippines DeviceXiaomi Mi A2Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello, when I'm listening to my daily mix and it reaches the end of the list, it does not keep loading songs, why is this fault?

• Plan Premium Country Philippines   Device Xiaomi Mi A2 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello, when I'm listening to my daily mix and it reaches the end of the lis...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

DeviceXiaomi Redmi s2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI really have a weird Issue with my Spotify, i made my own playlist a couple of weeks ago but can't seem to add it as a short cut on my home screen all the other ( not self created...

• Device Xiaomi Redmi s2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I really have a weird Issue with my Spotify,  i made my own playlist a couple of weeks ago b...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What happen to local files if premium plan runs out?

PlanFreeOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHey there, i currently use the spotify free plan. Therefore, I can´t play local files on my android smartphone. I am desperate to play my loal music on android with spotify. Thats why I probadl...

• Plan Free Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hey there, i currently use the spotify free plan. Therefore, I can´t play local files on my android smartphone. I a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do random songs star playing in my play list?

Plan: Free Country: Lithuania Device: (Huawei P20) Operating System: (Android Oreo) My Question or Issue: Whenever I play a playlist of mine on my phone, after the 1st song some wierd azz songs start playing that I never listened nor heard of. For ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: Lithuania Device: (Huawei P20) Operating System: (Android Oreo) My Question or Issue: Whenever I play a playlist of mine on my ph...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • what
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes