Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] [Bug] Available connections for Cast without ChromeCast device.

[Android][Other] [Bug] Available connections for Cast without ChromeCast device.

Hi, yesterday I was walking through the street listening some music on my cellphone, suddenly I see the option "Connections availables" , I clicked the button, and I see "Cast" as available connection, it's very weird, because I don't have a chrome cast, I just sync my cell phone with the app on my PC and on my PS3, So I think that this is a bug, an S1 bug, because it's not secure., I almost sure that my account has not been hacked, for that reason I think that this is a bug, it could be worse due to somebody can use it to hack the multiple synchronized devices, or our information accout, such as passwords.
Pay attention on this, could be a big Bug.

Thanks.

Nacho

2 Replies

Hi @neich-e and thanks for your feedback! I've moved your post to the Help - Android board, so that users familiar with this potential issue can take a look. 🙂

When a Chromecast owner sets theirs up they can enable 'guest mode'. This allows people to cast to the device even without being connected to the same wifi (although by default would require a pin).

I suspect you've walked past someone's house who had enabled guest mode, hence why it showed up. I would guess that if you actually tried to connect though it would fail

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts