Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Phone and FireTV (android) box - Spotify connect playback.

Solved!

Android Phone and FireTV (android) box - Spotify connect playback.

I have an amazon Fire TV android box. 

I can download spotify connect app from the fireTV store and have the android app on my phone (nexus 4 lollipop 5.1). I have a decent fast wifi in strong signal. 

The sync browsing, and control all is working.. audio plays fine on the phone.. Yet.. 

When I 'connect' to the fireTv to have the audio playback from that app, on the fireTV box.. Playback is awful, stuttery, and not listenable. 

===== 

While its probably unsupported I can also sideload the android spotify app to the fireTV android box.. When I do this everything works perfectly, the phone and the android app talk perfectly for browsing and control, and the playback is also perfect. The only problem with this setup is I have to manually start the android app on the box, its not 'listening' for a connection in the background the same as the connect app is. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

4 Replies

even stranger.. 

I DL the latest desktop app (there was no 'play to' working on my 0.9. whatever desktop app.. 

On the desktop I see only desktop and nexus phone.. 

But on my phone I see desktop, living room box, bedroom box.. So my phone sees what the desktop doesnt see.. 

When I play from the phone to the box(es) the desktop then sees them.. And seems to remember them.. At least through an app open close.. Not tried reboot / power cycles of all devices. 

But the same problem exists.. Playing from desktop or android phone.. to the amazon FireTV 'connect' app.. is a stuttery mess. I will try an ipad to these fireTv boxes but dont imagine it will be different. 

Again if I open the android spotify app on the box.. its smooth.. But the android app on the box wont stay open listening in the background like connect is designed to. 

Basically its not the network connection (shown because it works to spotify android).. Its simply the Amazon FireTV 'connect' app thats failing on both Amazon Fire TVs and from all sources (android phone, win desktop, etc). 

As a paying premium subscription customer.. How do I actually get support ?? 

Marked as solution

You contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks

Suggested posts