Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel 4 XL

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Got a iOttie wireless car charger a month or so ago (https://store.google.com/us/product/iottie_wireless_car_charger?noRedirect=true&hl=en-US). It was fine for a bit then all of a sudden spotify started skipping songs 30 seconds into the song, happened for like a week and I tried to do a lot of trouble shooting on it but nothing work and then it just "fixed" itself so I didn't think much of it. I tried just connecting my phone via bluetooth as an audio device, no phone functionality and that didn't fix the problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, restarting my phone etc. etc.

As said the problem kept on for about a week then it suddenly "fixed" itself, until this week (about 1 month afterwards). So I did more trouble shooting and figured out that the issue was whenever my phone was on the wireless charger it would start skipping songs. I tested it out by just having the phone not on the charger/mount and it didn't skip at all. I also tested the bluetooth aspect by having the phone in the wireless charger mount but not connected to the car bluetooth and I would experience the same issue. My only guess is that in an app update something went wrong and the current version screws with this functionality?

Any help in figuring out this problem would be great, I wanna keep using the brand new wireless charger I bought while listening to my music via bluetooth in the car.

1 Reply

Same issue but I use an iPhone. 

Suggested posts