Android Widget Removal

Solved!

Re: Android Widget Removal

BringWidgetBack
Visitor

First, let me say that you know you've made a bad decision when I actually feel compelled to set up a community profile just to vent on how frustrating this is.

The widget did not hurt anyone, it wasn't in the way or at all interfering with someone who didn't want to use it. It was purely there as a convenience for those people it worked for, and now your team has removed it...with absolutely no given reason, no new/replacement feature, no benifits or consequence, other than frustrating the part of your user base that actually used the widget.

What I find most troubling is that fact that, as far as I can tell, the removal of the widget did not shrink the size of the app on my devices, if anything it made it larger. How? How do you REMOVE a good feature, yet make your app take up MORE space? It's hard to tell on my device if it was the update or what, but now I'm seriously concerned, should I be worried about spyware or something on my phone now? 

I think my service just auto renewed last week unfortunately, but to be fair to you guys, this change has been live for less than 24 hours. Really hope you change it back, otherwise I'll just have to spend a day getting my playlists/library on Amazon music and that'll be that. 

o-_fsf3mmz1z
Casual Listener

I'm sorry, what???
Just disabled auto-update. I cannot believe this.
EDIT: I can't even vote for the suggestion to bring it back! Spotify management sucks! How do you constantly screw these app renovations up? I just do not understand...

jimmyblux

Solution: Google play music

phijkoop
Visitor

Thanks for letting us know that you are retiring the Spotify Widget for Android this week. Please make sure that it's back next week...

redserpent7
Casual Listener

@Guido wrote:

Hi all,

We're hearing you regarding the removal of the Android Widget.

If you'd like the widget back, we recommend leaving a vote for this idea. Regardless of which status the Idea currently has.

Thanks!

This is not a solution... we have ideas in the exchange from 5 years ago and no one has**bleep** about them.... 

This is not acceptable, bring the widget back... if its its not back in the next update I'm switching to a different service. Do the right thing for once

Ultramane
Casual Listener

Yooo the drop down controls don't even exist for me now. They're definitely trying to lose subscribers on purpose now, or at the very least annoy them out of using the app to continue collecting subscription fees but without having to pay out royalties with the decrease in use.

CyrilMx
Casual Listener

@jimmyblux wrote:

Solution: Google play music

What's the difference between Google Play Music and YouTube Music ? It's confusing. 

jeremyperdue24
Casual Listener

Way to lose a long time subscriber. What an idiotic idea. If I wanted to lose use of widgets and have an apple and apple music. I'm not shopping all of your competitors. Great job 🤡 

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the feedback you’ve given us so far. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously, and do want your continued feedback. The best way for us to measure your comments are via votes in our Idea Exchange. 

For this reason we're going to lock this thread. We encourage you to move to the Idea Exchange area where you can vote and comment on feature requests. The idea most relevant to this thread is below:

Rest assured that your opinion matters to us and that it goes into making Spotify the best it can be.

SUGGESTED POSTS