Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Wrong title for playing song is displayed

[Android] Wrong title for playing song is displayed

Plan

Premium

Country

Ukraine

Device

OnePlus 7 Pro

Operating System

Android 10, Oxygen OS 10.3.4.GM21AA

Application version

My Question or Issue

The song name and picture are not matched with actually playing song. Please take a look at attached screenshot 

photo_2020-10-03 14.25.27.jpeg

This bug is happening after spotify is sitting in background for some time, when I reload it, everything works fine.

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey @Aboscheri-nl and @Manokaiser,

Thanks for reaching out tot he Community. 

From what you're describing it would seem that you're affected by this Ongoing Issue that we're currently investigating. You can add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner to be informed an all updates, as soon as there are any.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

9 Replies

X2

Hey there @denys-husiev and @brayancitoccc,      

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

Make sure you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device and let us know if you observe the same after. This step will remove any corrupted cache from previous installations and get you the latest app version.   

If the clean reinstall doesn't help, try disabling any battery optimization or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. We recommend trying this since these features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.  

It doesn´t work, I think it´s an issue of the app version, because the bug appears also while the app is running. With the player shown, the play button fails the first time and you have to press it again to play/pause. Hope it will work fine with an app update.

Hey @bmielgo12,

Thank you for your reply.

Does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

Can you try to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can try with another internet connection.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I can confirm that this happens and it's no matter of the device you're using.

I've been having this issue on 

Google Pixel 4a (Android 11)

Huawei P10 (Android 9)

Linux Mint

It's definitely no problem with energy saving modes as it even happens while you're browsing for new music: You can literally see the "now playing" information from the right title to a random wrong one.

It's so annoying

Hi @ichmagkekse94

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

On another note, would you mind logging in with a friend's account on one of the devices you mentioned to check if the issue persists?

Also - can you let us know if this happens only while you're streaming or with your downloaded songs too?

Lastly, does this happen when you're using Bluetooth or when streaming directly on your devices?

Cheers - We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue.wrong song displayed on Motorola G9 play whlie the yamaha cxa5200 is pksying a different song.

-Updated Android, restarted phone multiple times

-deleted & reinstalled spotify about 10 times. If somebody suggest to delete spotify again, i will never reinstall it again.

-restarted router several times, reconfigured router on all HW several times.

- checked internet bandwidth several times, always at least 50mbps

-deleted & reinstalled Spotify again.

-again deleted & reinstalled Spotify again.

-again again deleted & reinstalled Spotify again.

-sold my wife.

-installed trial version of Tidal.

Unless otherwise suggssted, next step will be : delete spotify premium account indefinitely

Same situation here. Searching around for solutions it seems this problem is persistent for years. So what's it all about? Any chance to resolution?

Hey @Aboscheri-nl and @Manokaiser,

Thanks for reaching out tot he Community. 

From what you're describing it would seem that you're affected by this Ongoing Issue that we're currently investigating. You can add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner to be informed an all updates, as soon as there are any.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts