Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Xperia Z sound problem

Android Xperia Z sound problem

Good evening everyone.
I decided to buy the sony xperia Z yesterday in the hope that Spotify would work well on it.
I've i stalled spotify, downloaded for offline play one of my playlists and started playing the music.
I noticed straight away that as soon as I press play on a song, it starts as normal, and after a second of playing, it kind of pops/cracks and then the sound quality changes. I'm guessing it is the xperia's EQ kicking in.
Once the pop/crack has happened, after that it is perfect as It should be....
This happens when I start a song, fast forward a song, or skip a song.
I have reset all phone settings but this hasn't worked....
I have tried the Walkman app on the phone, aswell as playing samples of songs on the google music store, and it is perfect, so the problem is only with spotify.
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue?
Also, do you think it is an android software bug or is it a Spotify software bug?

Thanks on advance for all your help.
I will try and upload a video of it later on this evening if this will help to explain?

Thanks everyone
8 Replies

Just one more thing,
If it is the EQ, is there anyway of disabling the Xperia's EQ for spotify? I can't seem to find any way of disabling. It 😞

Hi,

I've exactly the same problem! Did you solve it, if so , how?

Cheers

Do you have an "Audio Effects" option in Spotify > Settings?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi both.
To answer the first question, no I have not been able to fix it.
To answer Peters question, yes I do. I have disabled every option in there and it still does the same thing.
I have contacted the customer services , sending them photos and videos of the problem, and they do not know what they can do for us......
I was told it would be passed on to the developers but I've had no reply from them after that...
I'm wondering if it could be an android version bug instead of it being a spotify bug? I highly doubt it, but I'm thinking of everything I suppose.
I , as much as you probably will want to get rid of this problem.
I just hope some fix comes out, but something inside me tells me they will never fix it 😞
Any more ideas or comments would be appreciated from all.

I've uploaded a video onto this forum so all of you can have a listen to it and see if it's the same problem.

Ah, the video won't upload...must be a mix between 1080p and my slow upload speed!

There was an explanation by one of the devs over on this topic about the EQ issues:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Serious-problem-with-volume-ear-damage-alert/m-p/713901...

Basically saying EQ control was out of Spotify's control. Not sure if that is the same as what we are seeing here though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi peter,
You could be right, maybe it is out of their hands.
Maybe the upgrade to android Kit Kat will fix it.
Otherwise, I might have to try another music streaming company....I don't want to, but I don't want that problem either...

Thanks for all of your help Peter.

HEY!!! I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!
I had the exact same problem with my Xperia S, that whenever i played a new song, forward etc..

It would sound too high, and then the EQ comes in. Anyway, id you go to Spotify settings, and disable EQ it won't work.

Maybe you already found a solution, or maybe you no longer have a Xperia handset, but for those that still have this problem, here's how to solve it:

1-Go to main menu

2-Go to settings

3-Go to apps/applications

4-Go to "all" tab

Note: This is the file you need to select if you have a Xperia handset, if you have this problem with any other cellphone brand, you will have to find out which is the correct one.

5-Find a file/app called "sound enhancements".

6-Tap on it and disable it.

Now you can play music with Spotify without any issues.

*Important Note*

For Xperia handsets if you want to use the EQ on Walkman again, it's going to crash, for that do the same procedure and enable "sound enhancements".

Hopefully this will help some one. If it helped you, please reply my commment, just to let me know that it worked for you, and what cellphone brand you have.

Suggested posts