Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Smartphone crashes when i start Spotify

Solved!

Smartphone crashes when i start Spotify

Hello everyone,

since i updated the Spotify App my smartphone crashes when i start the App. I can start the app then i have a black display with the icon for the menu in the left upper corner and my touch screen as well as the buttons aren't working anymore.

I have a Alcatel OneTouch 6030D with Android Firmware Version 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).

Tried to uninstall and install the app new but this didn't change anything.

Would appreciate any help.

Dani

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@try THIS OUT. So I tweeted on @spotifycare and asked about this. And they let me try to Reboot phone > Open Bluetooth > Open Spotify. And it worked. I also tried it again w/o the bluetooth on and still works. Idk what's up with that, but I guess this could help. (I'm using Alcatel 6030X) I hope this helps you.

@wani wrote:

Hello everyone,

since i updated the Spotify App my smartphone crashes when i start the App. I can start the app then i have a black display with the icon for the menu in the left upper corner and my touch screen as well as the buttons aren't working anymore.

I have a Alcatel OneTouch 6030D with Android Firmware Version 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).

Tried to uninstall and install the app new but this didn't change anything.

Would appreciate any help.

Dani

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thats work for me! Open bluetooth, update to last vercion, reboot, and open new spotify app. Thank you!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

I have the same problem, mine is an Alcatel OneTouch 5020A , with Android Firmware Version 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).
i start the app and the i stops working and the phone resets. help please!

Hi,
I got the same problem! Mine is a Alcatel One Touch Idol, with Android Firmware Version 4.1.1 (jelly bean) maybe its an Alcatel problem only?

Does someone  know where i could safely donwload an older version of spotify? Maybe somewhere on the official webpage of spotify?

I have the same problem too...have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, cleared caches, checked for software updates etc 

Mine is an Alcatel as well, sold here in New Zealand as a Vodafone Smart Mini (Vodafone is the mobile service provider, with the same Firmware version as the others. 

I should add that Spotify works perfectly well on my Android Tablet - Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat is the system

I felt so lonely and uncomprehended! I have the same everything (problem and Alcatel OneTouch Idol) but I saw a post from someone who has an LG, so this isn't only Alcatel, maybe its a JellyBean problem, but it started since the last update on 05/08. I'm going crazy not listening to music on the street, please Spotify, release another update

Same problem here, I have an Alcatel One Touch 6030D with Jelly Bean. I hope that there will be a solution for this problem soon. I am going crazy without my music on my phone.... so sad!

Hey everyone, I have logged a fault with Spotify and am waiting to see what they can come up with. If I get a workable solution I will post back here again to let you all know

I also have an Alcatel smartphone and have been experiencing the same issue since updating the app a few days ago. The app launches but then all I get is a dark screen until the phone restarts by itself. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling,  even resetting my phone to factory settings. I hope it's just a temporary glitch. 

Oh my god!!!! I tought I was the only one with this problem! It happened the same thing to my cellphone and I have the exactly model 😞 

Temporary  Solution Downgrade!

My alcatel one idol 6030a, with Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean), crash wen update to -spofity of 13 de may of 2015- from google pay.-

I found -temporary- solution  downgrading to spotify apk  v 2.5.0.942 .... -old version- form "same" site founded with google

-isn't secure 

-I don't know if is too legal

but it works

spotify contact someone?

sorry for my English, but it works¿?

I installed meanwhile an older Version (2.6.0.813) from http://spotify.de.uptodown.com/android.

I am not sure how safe this is but the site seems trustworthy to me and i have no problems so far (using the app a couple of days).

I must say that install apk from the same web site. Will update to v 2.6.0.813 and expect a solution of the bug by spotify.-
I wrote the official support informed of the situation

Any news? 

Did someone find another solution besides downloading an earlier version? 😞

Sadly, nothing yet. At least for me

Well, I did the thing with the old version and it runs smoothly until now.. who knows! 

dang! good thing I found others with the same problem. I have 6030X and it just happend to me. I hope there's a solution asap. It's kinda boring at the gym without Spotify.

it immediately asks to update spotify though. can't do anything than that.

You have to erase the app completely from the phone, deactivate the google play automatic update thing, then install the apk with the 2.6 version. It should work that way

Suggested posts