Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Your Library] Wrong song playing whilst status bar not moving

[Android][Your Library] Wrong song playing whilst status bar not moving

So not sure what has caused this issue in the app (I have recently updated to an S20+ and readded Spotify to my Samsung watch), but when I want to play a song from a playlist the song showing won't play but another from my playlist will. Also the bar at the bottom of the app will show the song that I have clicked on but will not show the pause just the play button (even though a song is playing) and the white progress bar won't move. In order to pause the song playing I have to press the play button three times. I can manually move the progress bar and it will fast forward or rewind. I have logged out and back in again, force closed the app and even uninstalled/reinstalled it. I am on android.

19 Replies

I had similar issues, on an s20+ and a galaxy watch. My issues went away when I removed spotify from my watch.

Oh my gosh, thankyou!! Had the same issue and was unstalling/reinstalling the app on my Note 9 but not on my Samsung watch!

I'm having the same problem with my Note 20 Ultra and Active 2.  I can play music but it shows the wrong song.  It also randomly stops the music.   Often I can only pause by hitting the play button at the bottom twice. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

The issues you're experiencing are most likely caused by faulty app files. It's possible that when connecting your watch to your phone some get corrupted and are causing this behavior.

We recommend that you try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Remove the Spotify app on both devices. Instructions on how to remove all leftover files on your smartphone can be found here
  2. Uninstall the Samsung Wearable on your phone.
  3. Restart both devices - this step is very effective, but often overlooked.
  4. Install Samsung Wearable and Spotify anew.

If that doesn't fix things, please leave a screenshot or recording of the issue and we'll gladly look in to this further.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My reply seems to have disappeared.

I've tried the solution, but it didn't fix anything for me.

Progress bar is not moving, showing wrong song and it stops playing after three songs. 

20201011_130002.jpg

And a recording.

I tried everything suggested and more.  As a loyal Samsung user and Spotify fan, I am beyond angry that the Tizen operating system or the app for the watch is what is causing such chaos.  Part of the reason I bought my watch (Active 2) was so I could have Spotify with me all the time.  Now I had to delete Spotify from my watch.   It was the only solution.   I am highly,  highly disappointed especially since the watch advertised its link to Spotify and the phone (Note 20 Ultra) came with Spotify pre-loaded.  🤬😥

Hey there folks,

Thanks for the info, that screenshot and recordings.

Could you try disconnecting the phone from the watch and logging out of both apps. Then clearing the cache app data and cache of the Galaxy store and Samsun Wearable apps. You can access that from your phone's setting or when you hold down on the respective icon and choose App info. After that log back in and pair the devices.

Let us know if that makes a difference when playing music.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

It fixed it for a day me, but now it's back to not working again.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your reports and sending over these details.

We'd recommend keeping an eye on our Ongoing issue thread for updates and leave a comment with all your information in there, so it can be passed on to our developers.

Thanks - We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hi! I posted this also in another thread.  I also had similar problems. 1st the song displayed on my phone (Note10) and watch (galaxy) is not the song being played on my Spotify but I can FF or rewind the songs/playlist but the display doesn't update. 2nd - the app just keeps on randomly pausing (I'm using Bluetooth earphones - Samsung earbuds). i thought it was an issue with the Bluetooth connection but i noticed that the earbuds don't  randomly pause when I use other apps (youtube, netflix etc). So I've followed all the possible solutions in forums - restarted my phone & watch,  updated and reinstalled spotify & galaxy wearable app, logged out from spotify in all of my devices (phone, tab, PC). The issues still persisted. This happened for months. So I was so frustrated I stopped using spotify on my watch during runs. Few days ago, I went to Settings and I turned off the Spotify Connect in the background. And so far, the issues have all disappeared. My spotify displays the actual song being played both on my phone and watch. Moreover, the intermittent pausing has resolved as well. So I restarted using spotify on my runs again (on my galaxy watch with earbuds). I hope the problems don't happen again. I'm still monitoring it. But you can try turning off the Spotify Connect in the background in Settings and see what happens. Hope it helps. Please do let me know if your issues are resolved.  Thank you! 

• What a f@cking joke. Internet is full of the issue of wrong song being displayed or similar issues for years already. So called  Spotify "legends" and "moderators" keep asking for screenshots, versions, used hardware etc...they keep advising to restart phone, clear cache, reinstall app...etc..etc, but the matter of fact is, there is no solution. The Spotify app is rotten to the core. 

Funny, I am concidered a "newbie". Yet I have my account for roughly 8 years

I had similar issues with a redmi 8 pro.

Hey @JackSpringhill

Help’s here!

Could you confirm if you still observe this after a clean reinstall of Spotify on the Android device? This will remove corrupted data that could be causing the issue and get you the latest app version.  

It's also a good idea to try disconnecting your mobile device from the watch and logging out of both apps. Then simply log back in and pair the devices again.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I am still having this problem not only on my watch but on my Note 20
Ultra. I have performed several clean reinstalls.
Super-frustrating for a service I am paying for every month.

Hey @

Thanks for your reply!

Could you let us know if this is happening both on WiFi and Mobile data, as well as when you're using the offline option?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Samsung galaxy s20 FE

Samsung watch 3

Same issue no matter if i'm on WIFI Cellular or using the offline/downloaded

Have performed several "clean" installs never fixes it for more than 1 day at best 

I have seen posts on this very topic dating back to ‎"2017-01-18 09:01 AM" granted this was the web player rather than a phone app.

Normally I am a very patient person, however seeing this issue has been an issue since 2017 AND the fact I didn't have this issue while i was using the free version. I'm left to wonder if I should continue paying for a service that doesn't work, as well as if you don't make more money off the ads.

As far as I'm concerned Spotify is now on a timer fix the issue or i will A discontinue my Sub. 

Sources

Webplayer showing wrong (old) track info - The Spotify Community

Hi there @Eros___88,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue. This has been under investigation for a while and many users have reported that it was fixed for them.

We suggest trying all the troubleshooting steps that were mentioned above in this thread, apart from the clean reinstall. In case none of them work, add your +Vote and the required info to this Ongoing Issue thread so we can forward it to the right folks.

We'll be right here in case you have any questions.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts