Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android and Bluetooth don't work like expect from last update

Solved!

Android and Bluetooth don't work like expect from last update

Hello everyone,

I have problem since last update.

I usually use Spotify for Android with my phone and my car stereo thru bluetooth.

After last update 24 sep 2014(I think) buttons for controlling the songs - next/prev/play/pause stopped working. Before this updated I could change songs and play/pause from my car stereo.

I use Xiaomi Mi4 Phone with Android 4.4.4 and Alpine CDE 173BT.

If someone have some solution for this problem or for the one with sending the current song title to car, please share.

Cheers,

Philip

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Today I did factory reset on the android and reinstall all my application, now bluetooth works fine. Don't know what was the problem, cause I have the same apps, but it works.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hello there!

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Have you already tried to simply logout and then login again? This might fix it, and if not you might also try to reinstall Spotify by following this steps:

1. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and select Uninstall. For older Android devices, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications.
  3. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Don’t worry about losing your favorite songs - all your playlists will be waiting for you when you sign in again. You’ll just need to redownload any previously synced music.

Source: Spotify F.A.Q

I don't believe anything to do with Bluetooth was changed. This is normally caused by a conflicting app such as Google play music. If you have that installed then please remove it and see if the issue is fixed.

If you want to verify that it isn't the update you can download the previous version from my dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7ati7qcjzw0mfe/Spotify_1.4.0.631.apk?dl=1

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi,

I tried the older version and the problem persist.

I don't have many apps on the phone. Sound related are Shazam, Sound Meter(uses mic to find the db) and GuitarTuna(uses mic to tune guitar). I have the usual social network stuff - facebook, viber, whatsapp. Some google apps - youtube, gmail, chrome, maps, camera, keep. Also have navigator and gps toolbox. 

Is there a way to debug or get a some kind of log, to pin point the problem?

P.S. Tried to uninstall, reboot, install old version test, install new version test.

Hi,

The only thing I can think of is doing factory reset and reinstalling the stuff. I guess I'll do that, but I'll delay this till I have some more time.

Marked as solution

Hi,

Today I did factory reset on the android and reinstall all my application, now bluetooth works fine. Don't know what was the problem, cause I have the same apps, but it works.

Thanks

This issue is really annoying and has not been resolved for over a year now. I have an LG G2 streaming spotify via bluetooth to my BMW audio and it will allow me to skip tracks once or twice initially, but after that it just fails and I can no longer skip tracks.

The audio quality is is fine, although I also have another issue where on intial connection spotify will play for a second and then cut out. I have to change the input on the car (to AUX for example) then back to bluetooth and then spotify will stream correctly over bluetooth.

However, the inability to skip tracks is really annoying, especially because it used to work flawlessly in the same car/android phone combo.

@yemski wrote:

This issue is really annoying and has not been resolved for over a year now. I have an LG G2 streaming spotify via bluetooth to my BMW audio and it will allow me to skip tracks once or twice initially, but after that it just fails and I can no longer skip tracks.

The audio quality is is fine, although I also have another issue where on intial connection spotify will play for a second and then cut out. I have to change the input on the car (to AUX for example) then back to bluetooth and then spotify will stream correctly over bluetooth.

However, the inability to skip tracks is really annoying, especially because it used to work flawlessly in the same car/android phone combo.

I find the same on my BMW also. However it only happens once Spotify has been pushed to the background and not recently opened (i.e. if using a navigation app such as Waze). In this case just bringing Spotify to the foreground will re-enable the BT hook for media control.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

There seems to be something with getting Spotify to foreground.

For example the radio don't display text. When I bring Spotify foreground text starts to work.

Suggested posts