Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy ZFold 3

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I've been having this aggravating issue for a few months now and finally had enough of it.

Sometimes, usually after I connect to Bluetooth, I will select a song or hit shuffle play on my main playlist, then lock my phone and set it down. The first song will get about 5 or 6 seconds in and then the app will stop the currently playing song, switch to playlist radio and start a completely different song. This only happens when I start something manually, not when autoplaying when connecting to Bluetooth. How do I make this stop?

3 Replies

Hi there @RCSix,

Thank you for taking the time and contacting us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this. It seems odd so we'd like to investigate this further.

It would be great id you can start with performing a reinstall of the app. In this case we suggest a clean reinstall of the app.  This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if it occurs when you connect to a specific Bluetooth device or if it's Bluetooth devices in general?

Keep us posted to that we can continue to assist you if you need us to.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm sad to report that didn't help. In fact, it has seemed to happen more often in the last 36 hours

Hi @RCSix!

Could you ask a friend or a relative who uses Spotify to log in to their account on your phone to see if the issue is still present? You can also try logging in to another mobile device, if possible. In case the app still switches to Playlist Radio and you're able to consistently reproduce this, please share a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior in action. That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts