Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app using excessive data for past three weeks

Android app using excessive data for past three weeks

For some reason my Android app has suddenly started using excessive data. Today I streamed two albums and found the app consumed 2.74GB of data. It's been happening for three weeks now and, having been a user for a number of years now, this is definitely anomalous behavior. To such a degree that it's unusable on my phone now (it's costing me too much in overage fees on data).

Troubleshooting steps:

- I have five albums that are set to synch offline, this was from last week and they were synch'd on WiFi

- I have the app set not to synch over cellular

- I stream in Extreme Quality but have done so for a long time and have not run into this issue

- I've reinstalled, rebooted, double-checked settings, set my phone to track usage day by day and observed the Spotify usage (hence the 2.74GB of data today) - screenshot attached if anybody's able to corrolate this data with backend usage logs

Can anybody advise? I've lost trust in the application and, absent a solution, will need to find another service and lose my playlists.

Thank you!

Screenshot_2015-05-17-15-52-47.png
1 Reply

Wow, that's certainly not right.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts