Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android car stereo crashing

Solved!

Android car stereo crashing

Ever since updating to the newest version of spotify it no longer works - I press the app button and it attempts to load it but you dont see anything except a black screen then crashes then goes back to the android "desktop" does anyone have any ideas? I have tried to manually install the old apk file which no longer works either?

Regards,

Chris E

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have got spotify working again by doing a reset of the android system possibly my car radio unit running Android doesn't support the new versions of spotify? Just incase anyone comes across this issue.
Back up all your data and do a recovery of your system you do this (on my head unit anyway) hold down the reset button and the power button till you hear three beeps and the system recovery menu will appear and choose the bottom one.

My stereo is a pumpkin audio navigation unit.

Hope this helps anyone else out!

Regards,

Chris E

View solution in original post

3 Replies

On my Nexus 7 i have the same problem when the tablet is connected via Bluetooth. It crashes when i try to open spotify and im sent to the Homescreen ...but i doesnt happen very often... sometimes i can see the ui and then Spotify crashes. ..

I have done everything instructed from the post to do a deep clean install but nothing, Considering I'm paying monthly for this and its been working fine until the most recent update, I had a few updates to do so I don't know if it's just my stereo or what but I would like to resolve this matter asap as driving my car without spotify is much less enjoyable 😞
Marked as solution

I have got spotify working again by doing a reset of the android system possibly my car radio unit running Android doesn't support the new versions of spotify? Just incase anyone comes across this issue.
Back up all your data and do a recovery of your system you do this (on my head unit anyway) hold down the reset button and the power button till you hear three beeps and the system recovery menu will appear and choose the bottom one.

My stereo is a pumpkin audio navigation unit.

Hope this helps anyone else out!

Regards,

Chris E

Suggested posts