OK, I'm stumped. I have a premium subscription, but I just cannot get the majority of songs on my playlist to download to my Android device (v7 - Nougat) no matter what I do. I've given permissions, I've made sure I have way more than enough storage, I've cleared memory and caches, deleted the device from offline devices in my account, uninstalled and re-installed, and it just keeps wanting to only download 10 or so of the 81 songs in the playlist. And it's my ONLY playlist!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks, but obviously I did that long before posting.And this was happening across not just ONE device, but TWO. In exactly the same way. ANd whether I was wifi connected or cell-connected.
Anyway, I contacted support directly. Got 1 person off the bat who was actually engaged and asking intelligent questions. That person seemed to go off-shift, however, and then I ended up with **bleep** who just sent the same kind of boilerplate troubleshooting **bleep**. Not that surprising, if still disappointing.
Now, HERE's the interesting thing that ended up happening though:
The only thing that the people after the first support person asked me to check that actually ended up having a result was that they asked me to go to my desktop client on my win10 machine and get the URI of the playlist. So, sure, no problem. Did that. But, when I did, all of a sudden 1 of the devices that was stubbornly displaying this behaviour that was powered on spontaneously began downloading all the remaining tracks! And Spotify was even running! Well, not in the visible foreground anyway. It appears Spotify must be running some sort of webhooks or background process all the time even when it's not launched in the foreground.
So, I started the other device and as soon as it could in the startup process it also began downloading all the remaining tracks that wouldn't download previously.
Obviously this was pretty surprising as I hadn't read ANYTHING that would have clued me in to even attempting this as a "fix". So, I asked support. They chose to not even attempt to address the question. Rather, they just spewed even more brain-dead, boilerplate **bleep** about checking my router for drops and so on that I could easily get through a web search even if I was blind (again, not surprising, but even more disappointing).
NOTE that the win 10 desktop isn't even on my wifi network that the adndroid devices were connected to, it's hardline connected!
How's THAT for an undocumented fix!!