Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] extreme usage of mobile data

[Android] extreme usage of mobile data

Hi there,

I've read that I'm not the only one with this problem, but as far as I could see it has not been this extreme until now:

In the days 25.12.13 to 28.12.13 I did not use Spotify on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android), I only used it on my PC. Somehow, Spoitfy used 1,71 GB (!!!) in this time although I didnt even use it!

Any idea?

Thanks!

Screenshot_2013-12-30-14-10-47.png
5 Replies

This is an open bug sadly:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-App-using-a-lot-of-mobile-data/td-p/241958

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Also, you really CANNOT trust that menu - it is very inaccurate.

It said I had used more than 100GB in a month once, and I know that not to be true.

Liam

Thanks for your answers and for the link, is it possible to keep offline in Spotify?

@Liam: I know that this menu is inaccurate, but my provider (o2) did send me a sms that my usage of data was above 2 GB within 3 days, so the menu is even showing to little data usage...

Thanks and happy new year 😉

You should be able to sync offline playlists if you have premium and then force the application into offline mode from the Settings menu.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There's another recent case of this in the forum which, I think may be sorted now. I know there's been a long outstanding bug on android data usage and I think the problem is that the spotify devs have been unable to reproduce the issue. It may be worth posting some details there.

Suggested posts