Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] remove Your top podcasts from Home screen

[Android] remove Your top podcasts from Home screen

So far, I cannot find a way to remove, either selectively or completely, the Your top podcasts from my Home screen.  This is not public information that I want shared.  If someone knows a way, pray tell.

Thank you.

Come on Spotify, fix this.

Please?

3 Replies

Really need this fix, too. It just outed me to my 13-y-o niece.

I'm sharing my premium account with her. Suddenly some idiotic, obnoxious podcast channel called "Everyone's Gay" (which I listened to for 10 minutes two years ago) shows up on my phone and hers under "Your top podcasts". And it won't go away. Very awkward and embarrassing.

Add an option to turn off this useless thing, Spotify. Please.

Why is this not a thing yet... It's just past midnight and I'm getting recommendations for scary story podcasts that I've NEVER listened to before. I don't like scary things EVER, I've never listened to scary murder or crime podcasts.. In fact, I don't even like podcasts.. People just talking? What's the point? Is that like talk radio? Blech. Also I don't like the scary podcast album covers flooding my home page. I'm trying to change the algorithm by literally liking every single celine dion song in my play lists and my other recommendations are flooding the home screen appropriately and there's still. A sudden line of "we think you'll enjoy these" murdered people haunted mansion serial killer crime podcasts "surrounded by all the love and singing of celine dion. What kind of bs algorithm are you running here??? 

Screenshot_20210611-001841_Spotify.jpg

Hey @Jimmyneyugn

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

For now it's not possible to customize the Home page of the Spotify app for mobile devices. However, we recommend having a look at this Live Idea suggesting the implementation of this option. 

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

Suggested posts