Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android volume spikes

Android volume spikes

Hi, I love Spotify and I listen to it on my PC and my Android Oneplus 3 phone. However over only my phone, there are random volume spikes with and without earphones. It's really ruining my experience and I'm extremely unhappy with this, anyone have the fix?
4 Replies

Is the volume spike happens during one song or when you switch to another song?

I have the same issue and it is seemingly random.  I have my Nexus 6P paired to my car stereo and it works fine while driving except that once in a while, a song will fall under some weird audio processing.  The volume will spike and bass drop.  Sometimes restarting the song will fix the issue, sometimes it won't, but it is always fixed by skipping to the next song.  

Seems to be a recent thing that started in the past few weeks.  Never had that issue in the past.

It happens whenever I listen.

I have this issue on iPhone 6, the volume will suddenly spike to max in the middle of a song. The volume indicator will actually show that it is at maximum volume for a second, then it seems to jump back down to the previous setting immediately after I wake up my phone to look at it. Alternatively, I have also experienced the opposite effect, the sound died down to nothing in the middle of a song. After I maxed out my speakers, the sound spiked up to max again. This is frustrating and dangerous, it really seems like it could blow out my speakers or damage my hearing!

Suggested posts