Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another user has put Spotify offline. Help!

Another user has put Spotify offline. Help!

Hi, I am using Spotify on my galaxy S2 on a month's free trial . Whenever I put the app offline it works fine for about 4-5 hours. However if I leave it longer than this and try to open the app I get the message "Another user has put Spotify offline. Please log in" and I have to re-enter my log in details and obviously need an internet connection to do this.

This totally defeats the object of having an offline mode where the user is suppposed to be able to listen to their offline playlists without an internet connection.

I have noticed that as long as the app is active in my task manager that I can access my offline stuff however if I exit the app when it is in offline mode then this problem occurs and I have to log in again.

Surely if i am in offline mode the app should be able to remember my log in details even if it is re-started. The ios version of the app does this. So does the Grooveshark app for Android. 

To be honest at this rate I am not going to renew my subscription when my free trial runs out. I'm not paying for an app that doesn't work properly and has no support from the devs

PS it crashes all the time as well

Sean

5 Replies

Nice to see my post doesn't merit a reply from anyone technical at Spotify. I definitely won't be continuing after my free trial finishes. Your android app sucks!

I have the same problem, on a Android based Samsung Note. I also had the problem on a HTC Desire Z.

I am travelling in my work, and during the autumn/winter I was in Spain, India, Peru, Denmark, Norway and other coutries.
In a lot of the places I have been in, I can´t get access to WLAN...

And if I get this error message I ned to go ONLINE - can you imagine how much I have paid just to get Spotify logged in and to be able to listen to my music on account I PAY FOR.

Or...if I will travel in an airplane for 11 hours...I have to turn off my phone before the plane takes off - and then, when I turn on my phone with airplane mode, MY SPOTIFY IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

So...one of the ideas with Spotify was to listen to my music in these kinds of circumstances.

I seldom get upset, but these last months have made me have ENOUGH of Spotify, and unless I get a solution I will be another person leaving the Spotify world.

That´s reality. If you don´t support us, we won´t stay. Which is too bad, because I was very satisfied.

//Ralph

Hi Ralph
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. It amazes me how poor the support is for the Android app. When was the last update - November!
Surely the number one rule in business is to keep the customer satisfied? Or do
Spotify only care about ios users satisfied. Certainly seems that way to me
Sean

Hi Ralph
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. It amazes me how poor the support is for the Android app. When was the last update - November!
Surely the number one rule in business is to keep the customer satisfied? Or do
Spotify only care about keeping ios users satisfied. Certainly seems that way to me
Sean

Hi again.

Yes, I agree that it is truly amazing. We are actually paying for something that doesn´t work as it should.
I mean, bugs can happen - and it does - but NOT fixing it, is just plain incompetence or just plain ignorance or just "we are too big to care about the customer".

And that makes me slightly irritated. Especially since there are alternatives today.

Android is at last as big as ios on phones today (without taking any stand or saying which is better) and growing. But even if it wasn´t - if they release a software for a platform, they must, to be professional, keep it up and running and FIX THE BUGS!!

//Ralph

Suggested posts