Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App buggy on Android Oreo

App buggy on Android Oreo

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

SamsungGalaxy S8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

For about the payp three weeks the app has been a mess. The widget no longer displays the proper song and sometimes if entirely unresponsive. In addition to that, I can no longer change songs from headphones and when headphones are disconnected the music continues to play except through the speakers, not the most convenient when you work in an office. I've uninstalled the app multiple times, have the most updated version of the play store, cleared my cache and restarted my phone. None of these solutions have worked for more than thirty minutes. I've had to use Google play music multiple times instead because it's at least been proving to be more reliable.

5 Replies

Me and my wife have the exact same problems. I have an S8 Plus and she has an S7 Edge. We both use spotify in our car and house.  Sometimes when i turn my car off, it starts playing on the phone speaker. Also on my Pioneer car stereo when playing spotify, the stereo shows the first song and artist info, but doesn't update after that. This never happened until the last little while. I've had this phone with spotify for a year. Very frustrating. Please fix it. 

Hey @Gregorycolem and @Cmer143

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Since our tech folks are currently looking into those issues, we recommend you head over here and:

• Add a +Vote to show that you are experiencing it
  • Leave the requested info in the thread

Wow. I'm having identical issues. Xiaomi Mi A1. I thought it was something to do with having a Chinese knockoff but I guess not, since the highest tier phones have the same issue. Another issue to add on, is when I connect to my Bluetooth stereo in my car, and hit play on it, Spotify on my phone does not respond. I have to manually open the app on the phone and press play before my stereo head unit will make it pause and play on its own.

A lot of the time I'm forced to close Spotify and open it up again before things start working normally, but that doesn't last long. Maybe 15 minutes before song notification is messed up on both my notification bar and on the stereo's screen.

Also, one thing that Spotify support should recognize: not everyone is going to come onto this forum when they have a problem. I almost didn't, except I googled "Spotify Android Oreo bluetooth play button no response". This whole "it must be voted up before anything's done about it" is a lazy way of not fixing problems. I bet there's 1000s of other people who have the same issue and just deal with it because they don't have the time to come on here and scour the forums for someone with the same issue, or write their own post.

I don't drive but the problem that you shared with your car also happens with my Google home and Alexa devices in my apartment. 

I also fully after about customer support being more vigilant. I only posted because I got tiedt of messing around with the app and hoping it would work. Hopefully they address this issue soon, there's a lot of similar posts on here.

I got the new spotify update that was released last week and I have not seen the problem for a few days. Fingers crossed that it is fixed.

Spotify Version 8.4.72.845 on Android

Suggested posts