Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App completely dead after update

App completely dead after update

Running premium on an LG G6, after the update on the 8th Ive lost literally all function on the Android app.  Cant even get settings menu to load. 

Uninstalled, deleted any remaining folders per the giude here and tried fresh install... Nothing.  Not a single page on the entire app will load, and clicking on any of them is incredibly slow to respond. 

3 Replies

ajcgeo 

I constantly have similar issues - app just spins like its looking for network when I know the connection is fast/fine.  The only help solutions are to uninstall and reinstall spotify. This will delete all your downloads so you have to start again. I have done this on numerous occasions - not sure but it seems to me that the more downloads you have the slower the app. Its extrememly frustrationg and spotify does not seem to care or see this as an issue. Have been a premium user for a few years now, but considering other options as there is no customer care. 

BTW when you uninstall and re install the app works again, but wehen you go back to downloading you wind up in the same place again. I have to download because I travel often and am often without network...

Totally frustrating.

I'm on the same boat and the app was downloaded and updated after a factory reset, the phone has been working amazing but the app takes ages to load. It takes waaaay too long to open my playlists and any other pages. The app runs horrible for my S7 Edge, its running like I was using a phone from 2012.

For me backing up SD Card, uninstalling Spotify, removing and formatting SD, reinstall Spotify and then moving photo/music/NON-ANDROID APP files back to SD card and reiunserting it seemed to solve all issues.  Was able to redownload all my Spotify library and app is running like normal.

More than a bit frustrating to have this happen every 7-8 months for a Spotify update that doesn't add any features or improve the AWFUL UI design.

Suggested posts