Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Sony xperia xa 2

Operating System

Android Oreo

It all started last evening, the app stopped working mid-playlist and since then I haven't been able to get it to function properly. When I open it, all I can see is a black screen, and if I wait a minute or so, the top bar appears and the tabs but nothing else. I logged out and logged in again, I deleted the cache, I uninstalled it, all for nothing. Yesterday I installed the latest update and after a few hours of proper functioning, the app doesn't work anymore. What's more, the app messes with my phone with which I have never encountered any problems so I had to uninstall it. Thank you for your help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Halcyonix, help's here. 

The Spotify app's functionality relies, among other things, on a stable internet connection. Could you try switching between networks and WiFi's and see if the same thing happens? 

We suggest that you reinstall the app again, but this time remove your offline devices from your account page in case something has happened with your offline music which may cause interference. 

Let us know how it goes, and if the issue persists, get back with a screenshot and we'll have a closer look.

All the best!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Halcyonix, help's here. 

The Spotify app's functionality relies, among other things, on a stable internet connection. Could you try switching between networks and WiFi's and see if the same thing happens? 

We suggest that you reinstall the app again, but this time remove your offline devices from your account page in case something has happened with your offline music which may cause interference. 

Let us know how it goes, and if the issue persists, get back with a screenshot and we'll have a closer look.

All the best!

Suggested posts