Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App ist sehr langsam oder reagiert überhaupt nicht mehr

App ist sehr langsam oder reagiert überhaupt nicht mehr

Wie genannt startet die App sehr langsam, teilweise reagiert sie nicht mehr oder das überspringen von Songs funktioniert nur noch mit sehr langer Verzögerung.

Ich habe die App schon 3x mal neu installiert und auch davor nach der Beschreibung gelöscht.

Funktioniert leider trotzdem nicht.

Plan

Premium Famil,

Country

Deutschland 

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

29 Replies

Hey there @Ben1986!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us. Hope you don't mind us replying in English 

Right now we have an Ongoing issue with what you seem to be experiencing with your phone.  

You can take a look here and leave your +Vote in the thread as well.

Hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon, keep an eye on the page for any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The problem is not solved!

Please solve it.

Let me know what data you need from me to solve it.

It is terrible to "use" spotify in that way!

Ich habe dasselbe Problem. Alle Schritte mehrfach durchgeführt. Es ging 2 Tage, dann wieder nicht 😞

Hey there @Jules11 and @Ben1986!

Thank for reaching out on the Community.

This issue that you seem to be experiencing is still Under investigation from our tech teams. 

We'd recommend leaving your info in the Ongoing issue thread to help us with the investigation.

We appreciate your patience with this and hopefully we'll have more news soon.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

• Same problem here qith my Galaxy S9+

After like 4-5 clicks it wont load and side not even the settings or your own profile.

Please fix it.

Hey there @Lenze,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you restart the device and then log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If you've any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Hello 

allready done this some times.

Unfortunately it does not help at all.

Please fix it.

Hey @Lenze,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Can you check if the issue occurs with another account on the same device? It's also a good idea to check if the same thing happens when you log into your account on another device. That way we can see if it's a device or an account-related issue.

If you've SD card, you can try removing it. Then you can reinstall Spotify and try running the app without the SD card.

You can also send us a screenshot of what you are seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Hello,

on another device its not a problem. My other premium family mebers dont have any problems at all.

So it should be a device/app problem on android.

At the attached picture you can see what happens after clicking through the app 4-5times.

It wont load the settings section too.

Screenshot_20200928-205815_Spotify.jpg

Same problem here. I’ve been premium user (again) since about 2 months and ever since I’ve been logging in/logging out / clearing cache / clean reinstalling on a regular basis, and restarting the app / rebooting the device everyday and even removed the SD Card some weeks ago, trying everything all over again. Nothing works and I’m exhausted trying. Every solution only helps out for one day or two, until the known issue starts all over again.

Since I began using Spotify for Android, I’m more busy with app maintenance than actually listening to music. If there’s anything that the Spotify app can do reliably is loading… loading… loading… loading… forever without results. My listening experience with Spotify often ends up with desperately giving up trying any further and switching to other Apps, like YouTube etc. As a paying user I actually expected a finished app that works, and not one that I’d spend more time with troubleshooting than music listening. I don’t have any issues with any other streaming apps.

The only solution I found so far to make the app work is to start the app and to wait 5-10 minutes and to let myself surprise if it eventually works. Sometimes it works in that case, and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes I need to click repeatedly countless times on a song, or a podcast episode, in order to get anything played, or an album or playlist to be displayed at least (regularly empty pages are shown, just like the screenshot, someone else has posted here before, or a black screen with the animated green circle as an hourglass, which remains without results). By the time the app finally manages to show anything – if ever - , my mood to listen is already gone, and rather spoils the mood than actually setting the mood for music. Thus, using Spotify means for me, to keep other music apps in reserve, in order to play music anytime, since Spotify fails in this matter regularly.

Would you please consider fixing this issue?

Since I use Spotify for Android mostly while traveling or commuting, I’d be happy to use this app for music listening instead of repeated troubleshooting in vain while sitting in the bus or at the gym.

If I wasn’t reliant on sharing playlists on Spotify with some DJ friends of mine, I would’ve quit Spotify long ago.

My devices: Moto G6 with Android 9 (on a regular basis, battery optimization is deacitvated), and to test the Spotify app: Samsung S5 Neo with Android 6 and Sony Xperia Tablet Z with Android 5

Network coverage: LTE and WiFi.

Also tried with new accounts on these devices.

Same experience everywhere.

Hi,

ich hab auch seit Monaten ähnliche Probleme und Spotify in der letzten Zeit nur noch über ein anderes Device nutzen können, weil auf meinem Galaxy gar nichts mehr ging. Alles, was hier so vorgeschlagen wurde, hat nix gebracht. Nun hab ich grade den Speicherort von 'SD-Karte' auf 'internen Speicher' geändert (in den Einstellungen bei Spotify) und - zumindest für den Moment - sieht es so aus, als würde es wieder funktionieren.

Viele Grüße

Julia

Ich drücke Dir die Daumen, dass das klappt. Bei mir hat die Umstellung des Speicherortes von 'SD-Karte' auf 'internen Speicher' nichts gebracht. Kürzlich habe ich mein Handy auf Werkseinstellungen zurückgesetzt (ja, nur wegen Spotify...). Diesmal funktionierte die App nicht nur 2 Tage, sondern sogar ganze 3 Tage einwandfrei, bis sie wieder "wie gewohnt" quälend langsam und unbrauchbar wurde und nichts mehr abspielt. Oder man wartet wieder 10 Minuten nach Appstart und lässt sich überraschen, ob die App danach reagiert.

PS: Liebes Spotify-Team: liest Ihr hier überhaupt mit? Kann man irgendwann oder überhaupt mit einer Lösung rechnen?

Hi everyone,

We're sorry to hear the mobile app is causing you trouble.

Rest assured that we're continuously improving the app and optimizing it, but there are many different factors that might be causing latency. Having a large collection consisting of Albums or audio books (e.g. Die Drei ???) that contain many titles may result in the app becoming unresponsive.

We'd recommend removing some of the above mentioned items from Your Library and see if you notice any difference in the app's behavior.

Going forward, we'd like to refer you to this ongoing issue thread where we're keeping everyone up to speed who's affected by this issue.

Hope you'll find this clarification useful. We’ll be right here if you still need help!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello Xenia,

If a large collection consisting of albums or audio books containing many titles may result in the app becoming unresponsive – then shouldn‘t this be a reason to develop the app to speed up a little, don‘t you think? If I should remove items from my library, as you suggested, Spotify‘s service among other things as a music library isn‘t justified – and just additionally forces me to use alternative apps. Besides that: even if I load a page, which contains just one single track, the app is unresponsive as well. It‘s tough to comprehend, that the issue derives from large contents.

Thanks for the link to the ongoing issue thread. Honestly, it has shocked me, that that thread you‘ve suggested is already set on Status „Not right Now“, even after various similar complaints there. It just decreased my hope for a useful solution.

I still have this issue. Waited for a long time to get a solution from the developer. Unfortunately, there is none. I love the general idea of Spotify and my whole family is using the premium version. Still, I do sincerely not get it. How can there be such a major bug and the Spotify Team simply does not care about it? Fix it!

Ich habe genau das selbe Problem schon seit sicher einem Jahr. Nichts hilft. mittlerweile bin ich stocksauer. Wozu zahle ich wenn sie nicht funktioniert.

Hi there @TheAppIsTooSlow and @@quotientgalaxie,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

Can you let us know what troubleshooting steps you've taken that's been provided in the thread so far?

Also, does this occur on a specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I even have to reply multiple times here because the website is showing error... Wow.

I just deinstalled once again and everything seems even slower now. Frustrating. My partner has similar problems on his mobile.

Hey @quotientgalaxie

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind sending over your device's make, model, exact OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? 

We'd also suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a regular reinstall and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Regarding the issues posting to the Community, we'd recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts