Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App 'loses' downloaded library..

App 'loses' downloaded library..

sometimes Spotify loses downloaded library (no green arrow next to tracks/playlists anymore).

Ok, it tries to download it again, but why the **bleep** it doesn't clear previous files?? 

today i had to mark playlists to download (offline) again (spotify 'lost' all offline fileS),

but why the **bleep** Spotify was still using 15GB of my storage ! (i had to clear all the data from Android/application settings screen)

3 Replies

Hey @razorre.

Sorry to hear your downloaded playlists and music keep disappearing. I suggest checking the "Downloads unexpectedly removed" section of this support page for what to do in this case.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Downloads are not 'removed' (as they still occupy space on my device!)

Spotify just loses track of that files.

Last time, Spotify was taking about 13GB of space, after clearing all Spotify data (cache etc), logging again, and downloading playlists again, Spotify was occupying only 3GB

I understand.

As the downloaded music and playlists are stored on your device's cache, the memory might not clear until the device is restarted.

However, if it continues to happen, you can find all the info on why it could be happening on the link I sent on the previous post.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts