Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App says no internet connect on One plus phone

App says no internet connect on One plus phone

I am connected through 5G WiFi and Mobil data but the app says no internet connection. Other streaming music apps work. I have tried clearing cache, toggling to airplane mode to reset, force closing, and reinstalling...nothing seems to fix the problem. Help! I am paying for a service that doesn't work. 

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

One Plus 6T

Operating System

Android, oxygen OS 9.0.11

My Question or Issue

12 Replies

Hey @Melinda24.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

Just to confirm, have you tried this both on 5G and on WiFi?

If so, just to be sure this isn't a network issue, do you mind trying a different WiFi network and seeing if that fixes it?

If not, then could you once again try a clean reinstall of the app, making sure to clear the app data?

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need further help with this 😉

same problem from italy with last version.  if you read the comments in Italy in the playstore, many users have your own bug.

clear cache, delete ad reinstall app don't fix the problem

yes, I have tried 5G and Wifi. The only thing that works is to uninstall
and reinstall. It works for the first time after it is reinstalled and then
can't connect again. It is ridiculous to have to reinstall it every single
time I want to listen!

OnePlus 7. Latest update

Spotify 8.5.32.889

Doesn't matter if it's mobile data or WiFi.

Same issue, whenever I open Spotify for the first time during last (lets say) 4+ hours, it would tell "no internet connection available", restart of Spotify helps, but it's annoying.

Sleep standby optimization is off.

Adaptive battery is on.

Spotify battery optimization: intelligent control.

All other apps have access to the internet before Spotify is launched.

same issue on onplus 6T with android 9 and now on android 10

sometimes spotify only shows offline content

so solve the issue, i disconnect then reconnect immediately data or wifi (depending of what connection I have) and the suddenly spotify detects internet and shows online content (/start playing

this is very annoying in car bluetooth... consequently stream do not play automaticaly

Hey @Mathmath,

Thanks for jumping in here with a solution that worked out for you! We appreciate your contribution. 

If a clean reinstall didn't do the trick, try logging in and out to shake things up a bit. Then you can restart the phone.

You can also try going to Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

Let us know if that changes anything! If not, what's your device, OS and Spotify version?

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Same problem in Canada. I only had this issue since becoming a premium member and it is frustrating.

Hi @Timetochange,

Thanks for jumping in this thread! 

Can you tell us if you've tried some troubleshooting steps so far and if so - what exactly? If not, feel free to follow my reply above yours. 

If that doesn't help, let us know:

• your device
  • OS
  • Spotify version

Thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I just solved this! Go to Spotify App Settings via your phone's settings page, go to "Mobile Data & WiFi" ad do the following:
Turn on "Background Data" and "Unrestricted Data Usage".
Turn off "Disabled WiFi" and "Disabled Data Usage".
Immediately after I did that Spotify detected internet.

Tried the fix but still facing the same issue. It's really frustrating.

So this solution might be weird at first but hear me out..

If you have the app Genius installed in your phone as well with Spotify give them both unrestricted data access and also to google play games and store and infact google(app). Try to run Spotify then on your mobile data and hopefully there won't be an issue.

Suggested posts