Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App uncontrollable

Solved!

App uncontrollable

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Huawei mate 20 pro

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Whenever I load the app it seems to uncontrollably bounce between the home page and a black loading screen with the Spotify logo in the middle. The whole time this is happening there is a Google smart lock banner with my email address running across the bottom as well. I've tried force stopping the app, leaving it for a while and checked for updates. Seems to work fine on my laptop so assume it's an android issue.

Any help to solve the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jon_smith  thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi, thanks for the help.

I've done a clean install and it seems to have fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Jon_smith  thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi, thanks for the help.

I've done a clean install and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Hey @Jon_smith.

Glad to hear @Jᴀᴄᴋ's suggestion worked for you!

Let us know if you have any other questions - we'll be here 😉

Suggested posts