Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Add to Playlist" playlist sort

So I know I can sort the playlists and I managed to display them as CUSTOM like I like it, however when I go and add a song to one of my playlists they are always sorted by the last playlist choosed. Just to clarify, it's not the playlists menu, it's...

• Roadie
  • So I know I can sort the playlists and I managed to display them as CUSTOM like I like it, however when I go and add a song to one of my playlists they are always sorted by the last playlist choosed....
  • Druppi
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 28 likes

Volume fluctuates when changing apps or closing screen.

Currently using Google Pixel 2 XL, the volume of a song will fluctuate back and forth while doing other activities on the phone eg. As soon as I start to type in the keyboard the volume will go quieter and if I stop typing it gets louder. This happen...

• Visitor
  • Currently using Google Pixel 2 XL, the volume of a song will fluctuate back and forth while doing other activities on the phone eg. As soon as I start to type in the keyboard the volume will go quiet...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Issues

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice Samsung Galaxy 9+ LaptopOperating System Android Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueFor weeks now on and off I have been having issues with Spotify and its streaming services. I notice it mostly when using a bluetooth con...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device  Samsung Galaxy 9+ Laptop Operating System  Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue For weeks now on and off I have been having is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Galaxy
    Streaming Issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Install Previous Version of Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHow can I downgrade to a previous version of Spotify? I am currently on 8.4.95.785, the interface has become tedious and is an insult to intelligence.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 8+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue How can I downgrade to a previous version of Spotify? I am currently on 8.4.95....
  • nicocencini
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Why does my Spotify profile say I have one public playlist when nothing shows up?

PlanPremiumDeviceLG K20vMy Question or IssueWhen I tap on my profile, it says I have one public playlist. But when I tap that, it just says sorry, something went wrong. It has done this for YEARS. I am just wondering about it. What is going on with t...

• Plan Premium Device LG K20v My Question or Issue When I tap on my profile, it says I have one public playlist. But when I tap that, it just says sorry, something went wrong. It has done this f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat song

PlanFreeCountryIndiaOperating System(Android Oreo My Question or IssueThe repeat track option doesn't show up on the mobile app. Hiw to fix it??

• Plan Free Country India Operating System (Android Oreo   My Question or Issue The repeat track option doesn't show up on the mobile app. Hiw to fix it??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song is not available.

PlanPremiumCountrySaudi ArabiaDevice( Samsung Galaxy note8)Operating System(Android Q) My Question or IssueThere are many songs that are not available. What should I do to let them be available?

• Plan Premium Country Saudi Arabia Device ( Samsung Galaxy note8) Operating System (Android Q)   My Question or Issue There are many songs that are not available. What should I do to le...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't acces "Artist List" while offline

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S6Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueI've download diffrerent Artist and Albums and I can play all that music while being offline. In the Librairie tab, I have acces to my playlists and albums...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S6 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue I've download diffrerent Artist and Albums and I can play all that music while ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Favourites disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 My Question or IssueI recently signed up to premium again and using the heart symbol setup my favourite playlist about 3 weeks ago. Now when I login to spotify though, this has disappeared and these tracks ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8     My Question or Issue I recently signed up to premium again and using the heart symbol setup my favourite playlist about 3 weeks...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I miss the button in the upper right corner of the main folder "Playlists"

Premium AccountCountry - GermanyDevice - Xiaomi Pocophone F1Operating System - MIUI Global 10.2.2.0 My Question or IssueHello everybody, I miss the button in the upper right corner of the main folder "Playlists", where the option to sort the playlist...

• Regular
  • Premium Account Country - Germany Device - Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Operating System - MIUI Global 10.2.2.0   My Question or Issue Hello everybody, I miss the button in the upper right cor...
  • Irreversibler
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Library" interface different, in a bad way

PlanPremium for FamilyCountry USA DeviceMotorola Z Play Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue My interface for the "Your Library" section of my app has mysteriously changed and I can't get back to what it was before. I used to have links...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for Family Country  USA   Device Motorola Z Play   Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  My interface for the "Your Library" section...
  • kevdela
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Perpetual green loading circle when going back to currently playing artist in my library

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceMotorla G7Operating SystemAndroid 9Spotify Version8.4.96.953 My Question or IssueSo, I had this same issue on my HTC One M9 and Spotify support told me that they don't develop for Android 7 (the latest OS availabl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Motorla G7 Operating System Android 9 Spotify Version 8.4.96.953   My Question or Issue So, I had this same issue on my HTC One M9 and Spoti...
  • Monarch_Opera
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly switching songs

I've seen a couple of old-ish threads on this, but nothing recent. My Spotify desktop app has been randomly switching songs on me after a few seconds of playing a particular song. I reset my password in an incognito window and logged out of all devic...

• I've seen a couple of old-ish threads on this, but nothing recent. My Spotify desktop app has been randomly switching songs on me after a few seconds of playing a particular song. I reset my password...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Plays completely random songs after selecting a song. Despite making a playlist

PlanFree(Was Premium at the time, left because of issue)CountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid Version 9 My Question or IssueEvery time I play a song, as soon as it's done it will play something completely random even with a prem...

• Plan Free(Was Premium at the time, left because of issue) Country US Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android Version 9   My Question or Issue Every time I play a song, as...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No song tab on the app

PlanPremiumCountryunited kingdomDevicegoogle pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 9.0So just got Spotify today and I don't seem to have a song tab at all but my friends do

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country united kingdom Device google pixel 3 Operating System Android 9.0 So just got Spotify today and I don't seem to have a song tab at all but my friends do
  • Bradderzz213
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! There's one song that suddenly stops playing when im listening on my phone.

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemOxygenOS 9.0.12My Question or IssueThe song "Cradles" by Sub Urban suddenly stops playing at 0:47 everytime when I'm listening on my phone. This doesn't happen when I'm listening to the same so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device OnePlus 6T Operating System OxygenOS 9.0.12 My Question or Issue The song "Cradles" by Sub Urban suddenly stops playing at 0:47 everytime when I'm listeni...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Player Notification popping without listening on any device

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceOne Plus 5TOperating SystemAndroid 9.0 / OxygenOS 9.0.4 / Build number: ONEPLUSA5010_43_190222 My Question or IssueSince the last update i got of Android app ( 8.4.97.807 ) , the notification for media player is poppin...

•   Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device One Plus 5T Operating System Android 9.0 / OxygenOS 9.0.4 / Build number: ONEPLUSA5010_43_190222   My Question or Issue Since the last upda...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Come on spotify get it together

Come on lets get it togeather. After the last round of issues a month or so ago i got the latest upgrade that seems to have fixed all the issues untill i had to go online again to sign into my account. Now its back to no sound, playlists keep going m...

• Music Fan
  • Come on lets get it togeather. After the last round of issues a month or so ago i got the latest upgrade that seems to have fixed all the issues untill i had to go online again to sign into my accoun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No amount of explicit words could describe how terrible this update is.

PlanPremium DeviceAndroid My Question or IssueWhy would I ever pay for another month of this when I can't even play my DOWNLOADED MUSIC BY ARTIST. Would you like me to take the time to make a playlist for each of the hundreds of artists I've download...

•   Plan Premium   Device Android   My Question or Issue Why would I ever pay for another month of this when I can't even play my DOWNLOADED MUSIC BY ARTIST. Would you like me to...
  • ArcticMe
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes