Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Huawei nova 3i

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

As soon as I open the app it crashes. I've tried everything and it still won't work..

3 Replies

Hey there @Nerdsta!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community about this.

We'd love to help you solve this, but you could let us know exactly what you've tried so far so that we don't offer any repeating steps.

We usually recommend beginning by restarting your device and performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here which should help solve this.

If this doesn't make a difference for you, we'll need to know your Android version and if you're using an SD card?

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. Hi Elena, I'm having the same issue. I have a Samsung s9 with no SD card. I've done the clean reinstall as described above with no change. The app opens to the logo screen for a second then dissappears back to the phone home screen. Is there anything else I can try to resolve this? Thanks 

Hey there @Sarah105,

Welcome to the Community!

There are a few other things that might be causing the crash. Android v 6.0 and above have this feature called the 'Doze feature". This reduces the flow of data to some apps to save battery life and is often responsible for issues such as this one.

You can customize which apps are affected by this Doze feature by following the steps below:

1: Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find Settings in the App Drawer.)
2: Tap Battery.
3: Tap the menu button and choose Battery optimization.
4: Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select All apps.
5: Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select Don't Optimize

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.

Give it a try and let us know if that helped 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts