Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Artist pages don't load

Solved!

Artist pages don't load

All of a sudden Artist pages refuse to load. I click on "View artist". After a couple seconds of loading, it says "Something went wrong - Have another go? Try again". 9/10 artist pages are like this. 1/10 seem to randomly work.

Artist pages are still functional on the Windows app.

I tried restarting my phone. What else can be done to solve this issue?

I expect to receive a refund for this month if the issue isn't resolved soon. It makes Spotify essentially unusable for me if I'm not in front of my home PC.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed in new version, update the app if you're still having the issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-search-on-iOS-not-working/m-p/4916102#M1204...

very poor communication, Spotify. why do official forums even exist if you're not even gonna post when an update breaks the app for all mobile users. smh.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I have the same problem and I really need this resolved in no time. My job depends on it. I only experienced it in my Android

I have the same problem. Artist page don't load on both Android and iOS. On desktop app is ok. I need it fixed soon because I use on phone almost the time. Thanks!

Artists pages wont load and search does not work for me either. It was working about 2 hours ago. Everything else works fine. Restarted my phone a s even uninstalled/reinstalled the app with no change. Hope its resolved soon its pretty frustrating! 

Same problem here

Android user

I'm also having this issue. 

Marked as solution

Fixed in new version, update the app if you're still having the issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-search-on-iOS-not-working/m-p/4916102#M1204...

very poor communication, Spotify. why do official forums even exist if you're not even gonna post when an update breaks the app for all mobile users. smh.

I'm having this problem now.

Hey there @garyglas,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As a first step, try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, could you let us know the make, model and OS version of the device where you're having this issue? We'd also like to know if it happens on any other devices where you use the app.

Additionally, let us know if that happens when using a different connection, like mobile data or a different WiFi network.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

i have the same issus but its on pc web browser  and it 12/8/22 just started i have cleared cache for site restarted browser and pc and it works fine for the artist page its self but when i go to my  library i get  somthing went  wrong  while loading   your artist  but it works on mobile app

Hey @thedeadone,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please check your Windows hosts file for any lines containing Spotify as described in this guide? Also, does the same thing happen when you use the desktop app?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i do not use desktop app to laggy and buggs out  i use the spotify web stie on firefox browser so that should not need me to deal with a host file

Hey @thedeadone,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the clarification.

To continue investigating this case, would you mind trying with a different browser like Google Chrome to see if it makes any difference?

If not, could you try in on an incognito/private window to see if the issue persists?

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version you're currently running on your PC to have a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi.**bleep** has been going on for two days now. None of the solutions suggested here work. My OS is Windows 7, I use two browsers: Firefox and Chrome. I can only access Playlists from the entire Library.

Having this problem now on mac, has had it for a few days.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

@popipoptop - just to check, do you notice any difference after clearing stored cache from the app? Once it's done, try logging out from the app and back in again twice in a row. As odd as this may sound, this should resync your account info.

Another option is to do a clean reinstall. This will clear cache too, as well as ensure that you're running the latest app version.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know the model & OS version of your Mac, along with the Spotify version?

Keep us in the loop!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

i'm having the same problem as @popipoptop
i've already did the clean installation and it didn't resolve the issue.
mac OS 10.12.6 spotify Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.89.862.g94554d24

Hey @lucasschaffer,

Thanks for joining the thread and for the provided info!

To get a bettet understanding of what's happening could you let us know the following:

• Is only the Artist page not loading for you or do you notice any other issues with how Spotify's loading?
  • Do you see any error messages?
  • When did you notice this behavior and was it after a specific event/change?
  • Does the same thing happen when using a different connection, like mobile data or a different Wifi network on your Mac? 
  • Does the same thing happen in the Web Player?

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator

hello, thank's for the reply.

• i noticed one artist in specific that doesn't load in the desktop app. until now i didn't notice any other issues or stumble in other artist that don't load.
• no error messages
i noticed this behavior recently when i tried to search for this artist. it shows up in the search, but i get the "something went wrong while loading the artist" when i try to open the page.
• no, it doesn't happen on the android app
• no, it opens in the web player.

it is really a strange behaviour.

Appreciate the cooperation @lucasschaffer and for answering the questions.

Would you mind sharing a link to this Artist's profile so we can also take a look from our end? 

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon 🙂

IvelinaModerator

Suggested posts