Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio quality drops after few seconds

Audio quality drops after few seconds

I'am a spotify user for a while and  got spotify premium recently.

I set the audio quality to high for my downloads and downloaded some albums. When I start playing songs ,the audio quality drops dramatically after few seconds. In the beggining the quality drop happened only on downloaded content, currently it happens even streaming.

I tried wiping out and reinstalling app, moving app and content to sd card, installing older versions of spotify but no luck!

Finding a solution would be lovely so I don't feel I'm wasting my money.

Phone make/model: Lenovo P70
Android version: 5.1.1

2 Replies

I'm having this exact same issue now on a Pixel 7 Pro. Audio quality drops after about 5 seconds; first it's quieter/compressed, then it sounds like the quality significantly drops. Pausing and restarting makes it happen again.

I've turned off normalize, audio quality controls, etc. I'm on strong wifi, but it doesn't matter if it's wifi or cell network, downloaded songs or not. I have premium. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify app.

Video linked here to see (hear) it happen: https://youtu.be/jvskmb6Yxjg

Thank you!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and sorry for the delayed response as we just came across this thread.

@stredman, thank you also for including more details about the issue, the video was very helpful. In order to continue investigating your case, would you mind checking if it happens using a different device with your own account (it could be a friend's or family member's device)?

Also, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to have a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts