Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Hauwei P smart z 2019

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

After starting a song or podcast it takes between 30 secs up to 60 secs when it just stops. I can press play again to start another "cycle" after 30-60secs it stops again 😞

What can I do? 

I really love Spotify, but this is annoying. Can anyone help? 

Best regards Mokoda22

7 Replies

Hey @Mokoda22, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi everyone,

I am having problems the same problem with my Spotify (Premium) for a few days now. Whenever I want to play on my phone or PC, it automatically pauses after a random period (less than a minute).

I have already tried a number of things:
1. Logged out everywhere and changed my password.
2. Updated everything, both for my pc and phone.
3. Tried to play with the settings.
4. Clean install of the app (on Windows and Android).

But no matter what I try, the problem still persists. It's getting pretty annoying, hope you guys can provide a solution!

Hey there @stefdijkstra,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

Can you try using a different connection, like a different WiFi network, or a mobile hotspot? We also recommend making sure that there aren't any battery or data restrictions enabled for Spotify on your phone's settings, and that Spotify isn't being blocked by your firewall or antivirus on your PC.

If the issue persists, can you let us know if the same happens when using the Offline Mode?

We'd also like to know the Spotify version you're running so we can further look into this.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

I've tried several thins on several devices.
I am using on my Windows 10 PC the Spotify desktop app version 1.1.47.684.g136419d9.
On my mobile phone Onplus6 (Android10) also.

For both devices I've deleted the app and re-installed it, but it doesn't matter.

I also have checked with multiple network connections, Wifi and 4G as well. But the same problem.

It more seems to be an account problem, is that possible?

Hi there @stefdijkstra,

Thanks for the reply.

As you're experiencing this on multiple devices and networks, it could be account related.

Can you try creating a new test account with another email address and see whether everything works normally there? If that's the case you might consider moving your Music collection over, following this guide.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Had the same issue with Spotify Premium - iPhone XS - iOS 14. 

solved it: Login on Spotify Webpage, Disconnected all devices - deinstalled the app on iPhone. Restart iPhone - install Spotify and new Login. Had an one hour trip with my car and Spotify = worked 

Hi @mgoec1909

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts