Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Autoplay not working correctly

Autoplay not working correctly

Spotify autoplay is not working for me either but its only when I am using spotify connect to stream to my chromecasts (one in the living room and one in the kitchen) that its not working and its only when I am using my android phone (pixel 4a).

So when I am just playing on my phone (not streaming) it works fine.

When I am streaming using connect with my iPhone 8 to the exact same chromecasts autoplay works fine.

I have never had this problem before using my iPhone and I have only started seeing this after I got my Pixel 4a and started using that phone instead.

I have done all the usual stuff - cleared cache, re-installed the app, logout/login multiple times. I am using facebook to authenticate.

Also I have been to two of my friends places and have the exact same problem at their place on their wifi - autoplay does NOT work when streaming using connect from by pixel 4a. So I am pretty sure it not related to my network.

Details Pixel 4a

Android version: 11

Spotify version: 8.6.18.720

Detail iPhone 8

iOS version: 14.4.2

Spotify version: 8.6.16.1012

I am using spotify premium and autoplay is probably the thing I enjoy the most about spotify.

Also a curious thing. I just re-activated my Tidal subscription which also has a autoplay feature and guess what I see the exact same issue going through the exact same scenarios above.

22 Replies

Hi there @11156314249,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Just to be sure, can you confirmed that you've followed these steps to enable the Autoplay on your device?

When you say that you reinstalled the app, did you follow these steps reinstalling it?

If you have any cache clearing or battery optimization apps, can you add Spotify as an exception?

Also - can you log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

Yes I have followed exactly:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

https://support.spotify.com/dk-en/article/autoplay/

multiple times.

Also one of my friends have tried to login - through facebook - on my pixel 4a phone and experience the exact same issue when running his spotify account and streaming - autoplay does not work.

Also another detail. It seems that when I am streaming using connect the duration in minutes/seconds seems of the song is off or just stops typically at 0. When I switch back to listening directly on the phone time progresses as expected.

Hi again @11156314249

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We know this might not be ideal, but we'd like to suggest a workaround to see if you notice any difference. Could you try starting the Autoplay playback on your phone and then use Connect to play it on the Chromecast?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Interesting. If I start listening only on my phone (android) and let it play through some songs - autoplay enabled and working as expected - and then select to stream/connect to my chromecasts it works...

But the track is not updated on my phone meaning I have no way to see what track is being played (artist, album, song title, length).  Quite frustrating since since I usually use this info to create my own playlists when coming across a track I like.

Any ideas?? Is this a known issue for the android version of spotify that is being prioritized in a coming release?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

NovyModerator

Hey @11156314249,

Thanks for your patience.

We've let our developers know about this and they're investigating.

We appreciate your report as it helps inform our decisions going forward, but just as a heads up, we’re not able to confirm when you'll be able to use the Autoplay feature with Connect.

We recommend keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to guarantee you get the latest features and fixes.

Hope you find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the update.

Will it be possible to provide a link to:

1. The issue/task/bug with fix version.
  2. Release notes.

?

Hi @11156314249,

Thank you for your reply.

We don't time frame for this. We're aware and always improving to make Spotify better overall.

We suggest that you keep your app up to date to make sure that you always take part of new updates.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same here. Autoplay doesn't work on my Windows 10 app. I followed the steps you suggested but nothing changed.

Please, figure out a way to fix this, thanks.

Update/FYI. Problem persist on version version 8.6.24.918 for android. So still stuck on iPhone when using spotify 😞

Autoplay doesn't work for me since yesterday, the latest version is installed. Please help. I try everything. 

Hey @Jelena031

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Would you mind letting us know which troubleshooting steps you've tried exactly? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

It would also be helpful to know the make, model, exact OS version and the exact Spotify version running on the device(s) in which you're having this issue. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator

Thanks for the quick reply. I deleted the memory, cache, uninstalled the app and installed again, restart my phone. I have Honor 7a, android version 8.0.0, Spotify version 8.6.40.929

Hi @Jelena031

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you confirm if this is happening only when you use Connect or all the time?

Also, could you let us know if you've noticed this behavior when playing songs from Search or when playing music from a playlist?

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

It happens all the time. And it happens when I play a song from Search. Playlists work normally. When a song from Search end, the next one will not be played

Hi again @Jelena031

Thank you for this info!

We understand you've already tried reinstalling, but we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall just in case you haven't done this process. You'll find the instructions here.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their personal account using your phone to see if they can replicate this? 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator

On another Accaount autoplay works normally.

Hey @Jelena031

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind giving it a try using a different connection just to see if you notice anything new?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator

When connected to Windows 10 autoplay works

Suggested posts