Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autostart on android

Solved!

Autostart on android

Hi,

So I have been using spotify for a little, but noticed something recently.  Spotify keeps automatically starting on my Android (HTC M8) phone after I close out.  While this may not be a huge issue for some people, it bothers me when apps autostart without my permission.  I even tried using autorun Manager and it still starts up on its own.  Anyone else notice this and have a work around?  The only thing I have found that works is by going to my app manager, and force stopping it.  This works until I use it again and then I have to go through the same process.  I like the app so far, but thinking of looking for other music streaming apps if this keeps happening.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, ok so it is the background service.

One thing you can do is disable the notifications, this should save some ram/cpu. However the app will always run unless you log out or force close the app as you are doing as there are certain listening services which will always be running... To get connect notifications for example

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi. What do you mean it starts up? Are you doing anything such as using the desktop app to play something? It shouldn't just come to the foreground on its own, however do know that the app is always running in the background in some form, what you are seeing is something is triggering the ui to appear.

Android Troubleshooting:

I was referring to the fact that it is always running in the background (i.e. when I look at my running apps and services on my phone).  I am not using the desktop app (I don't have it installed on my computer yet and my account is not synced to facebook or anything - as a matter of fact I don't even have facebook installed on my phone).  However, when I go to the app list and force close it, it does not run anything at all in the background.  I was just wondering if there was an easier way to accomplish this than having to go to the app list.  I only ask because I noticed that after a while, it seems like it uses around 100mg of ram as a background service, which does not seem right.

Marked as solution

Ah, ok so it is the background service.

One thing you can do is disable the notifications, this should save some ram/cpu. However the app will always run unless you log out or force close the app as you are doing as there are certain listening services which will always be running... To get connect notifications for example

Android Troubleshooting:

This is a pretty lame "fix". Really!?!? I have to dig into the settings to kill a background process from keeping your app from starting itself unbidden...?

Suggested posts