Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Available devices vanishing after playing Daily Mix

Available devices vanishing after playing Daily Mix

The Daily Mixes are awesome, but every time I play one of them my listed available devices to stream music too vanish.  In my case this is my Echo.  I can play music to it via bluetooth pairing, but it is no longer listed under available devices.  It disappears from both my phone and desktop lists.  It does not reappear until I delink and relink my Amazon account.  If I play another daily mix on my phone, the Echo promptly vanishes again, regardless of where I am playing the music.

3 Replies

I'm gettng the same behaviour. I reboot Echo and it appears again, but as soon as I try to play the Daily it disappears again - trying from Spotify on iPad & Mac. 

Hate to be the guy that says "me too, no workaround" but yeah, me too. I completely reset my Echo and that didn't work. If you hit play on a Daily Mix, it stops playing and if you wait for 5-10 seconds, it will eventually disconnect the device from Spotify Connect until you restart it. If I play any other station, song or playlist, no problems, only with the Daily Mix or any song in it.

So I have this issue on multiple amazon devices with Spotify, both on my Echo and on my fireTV stick. It seems almost random, not necessarily 5-10 minutes as some have said. The echo will respond to voice commands as if to confirm that it is now playing what you request, but no sound comes out and the device no longer appears in 'Available Devices' from the app on my phone. I have not tried voice commands on the FireTV, but the behavior is otherwise identical. I have to unplug/reset the device to get it to show up in that list and/or play directly again. It's only an issue with Amazon devices.

Suggested posts